Author Topic: My view of Mt.Rainier on the way to work.  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

My view of Mt.Rainier on the way to work.
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:15 am »
Thought you might like to see an early morning pic of Mt. Rainier. Pics taken from the West side of the Mt. Hope you enjoy it.
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: My view of Mt.Rainier on the way to work.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:51 am »
I love seeing the individual mountains in the Cascade Range. We've spent time in Portland, out to Bend and up to Mt St. Helen. The PNW is a beautiful area of this wonderful country.  Thanks for sharing the beauty with us, Ed.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

JacksonCash

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:03 am »
First time I flew into Seattle, I had no idea Rainer was visible from there- Looked out the window and was quite surprised. Made a point to drive up to Sunrise point - It got friggin cold up there in June!

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:06 am »
As the old saying goes - - since you can see the mountain - - - - carry your umbrella.

Nice shot!

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 12:06:16 pm »
The only permanent scenic fixture I see on my way to work is the long row of orange barrels. I think you win! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »
That is a landscape for gentlemen
and gentle women. 8)
Thanks for posting an American Icon ED
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:34 am »
As the old saying goes - - since you can see the mountain - - - - carry your umbrella.

Nice shot!

Boy you have that right!  I was in Madigan General Hospital at Ft. Lewis, and it rained every day, I was there except one.  I was on my way to Nam, when my appendix said no I wasn't.
One day it didn't rain, and sky, and air were clear, and I looked, and I asked a guy what the hell was that!  He said oh that is Mount Rainier. It looked like a big ice cream scoop!  I had been there for about three weeks waiting for orders to go to Nam, and never saw it, till the weather cleared.  Beautiful though.

Wayne

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:33:12 am »
I was born at Madigan while my Dad was stationed at Fort Lewis probably about the same time as you !!!

Small world.

Russ

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 01:53:35 am »
I was born at Madigan while my Dad was stationed at Fort Lewis probably about the same time as you !!!

Small world.

Russ

Yep,small world, as close as I can recall, I was there, around Oct or maybe Sept. I am not sure, I know just before I left, it got cold, and gee, rainy. 
I think 1969, I was stationed in Italy for 16 months,and then got thirty days vacation, and was there in 1968, so that is about right.  It would be a beautiful, sun shiny day, and an hour later, it would be raining.  It was like, oh you like the nice sun shine, and clear day?  Oops I hit the wrong switch.  Well we can do this again tomorrow.  And the next day, and the next.....  Construction must be a bear out there!

Wayne

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 01:56:17 pm »
Real small world.  I was born in Madigan in Sept, 69.  Not sure what you do/did - but is there any chance you were involved with my birth?  If so, a real small world just got smaller.

Russ