Author Topic: Accro-flite strings  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Ranasp

Accro-flite strings
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:15:56 pm »
So the local university has a warehouse sale every week, and this week someone let me know they had archery gear up for grabs.  It was pretty picked over, looked like there had been targets but they were already gone.  However, I saw they had a bunch of packages of waxed bowstring with the label of "accro-flite" 64" 12 or 14 strand.  I grabbed a handful since they were 25 cents each.  Anyone know if they're a decent string?  Eventually I want to make my own, but for now I figure pre-made ones are decent to have just in case, especially since I'll put them up for use with the SCA group to encourage more people to start up archery. 

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

Re: Accro-flite strings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 04:58:21 pm »
Never heard of it but I did want to pop in and say I didn't know there were any fellow SCAdians here, that's awesome.

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »
Yep!  I noticed from your posts you're in the SCA, I'm in the Canton of the Axed Root, really good group with a nice balance of the martial arts and the sciences.  I just joined up in the past year, and have already been to a couple of shoots which were loads of fun.  Half Eye made a bow that is being used by a boy who's family joined up this past year and wanted to learn archery.  Now at least one other member is wanting to take it up, so I'm pretty pleased that I've become the group archery pusher.  ;)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 05:42:48 pm »
Same here, I'm in the Barony of Castlemere in Trimaris, I've been a member for many years but just got into the archery in the last year (was involved in rapier combat) and for such a large Barony we have no archers so I've been pushing folks to get involved. The biggest barrier here is we're in the city so few places to practice, there's a great club in town (North Florida Archers) with a very reasonable membership but most are reluctant to pay a fee for something their not sure they are into yet.

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »
My son is a member(17-18 yrs) up here. That's where all my bows go.