Author Topic: Osage for Boo  (Read 6377 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Osage for Boo
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:16:20 pm »
This piece of Osage has been sitting around for years. I got it from Boo a year ago. He was needing room at his house . He is into knife making and really does not have time to be a bowyer. So I took and made him a bow. This wood had several inches of backset. I had to do some heating to get it proper.
Well look at the pics and tell me what you think.
I named it" cracker " cause it had many cracks up and down the back. All superficial.
Enjoy.

64" 55@28
Sealed with Danish oil and paste wax.
Boo wanted to put his own grip and shelf on it.
Depending on the spine arrow you are shooting you can shoot it with either limb up or down ( weird) ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: Osage for Boo
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:18:23 pm »
AWESOME!!!!
laugh. its good for ya

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:20:35 pm »
   Really good looking bow nugget. What are you hunting, lizards,,, ants?? ??? ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:27:42 pm »
Thanks Auggie
Mullet I am Fixin to shoot me a chicken. We have 4 roosters runnin around that need to be on my grill. >:D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

huntersim

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »
I was thinken gofers. I bet chicken tastes better. Nice bow nugget.

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 10:43:35 pm »
Gopher or ground hog aint that bad tasting. Bar b Q suace makes it all taste good. Thanks Hunterism

Offline nugget

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 10:54:16 pm »
This was  cool  to make a bow for the man who taught me how to make a bow.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 10:55:04 pm »
Very nice!
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26:53 pm »

yes very nice! unstrung profile would be great, too.
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 11:33:30 pm »
That's a simply beautuful strip of yella wood nugget - love it!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 11:34:48 pm »
Will try and pry it out of his hands and post an unstrung pic for you guys to see.
Thanks for the good feedback
nugget

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 01:05:27 am »
Nice looking bow buddie. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 03:20:36 am »
Nice bow, TJ. Tiller is right on!
   Is Boo already tired of "Dragonfly"...the recurve I traded him for his hunting knife. Tell Boo hey for me! ;) 8)
  Is this a self bow? if so, if you stretch out your fades, from handle to belly, there is less of a chance of the handle popping off. The smoother lines will give you a better aesthetic appearance too(not that yours is bad ;D).   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 08:29:49 am »
Lookin good TJ.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 12:50:07 pm »
Pat no he aint tired of dragonfly. I was wanting to make this bow for him .He had this wood sitting around so long and too busy to work on it
This is a self bow. Thanks for the tips  ;D and thanks for the comments ;)