Author Topic: ugly and a wannabe with cherry bark  (Read 10488 times)

huntersim

Re: ugly and a wannabe with cherry bark
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 10:24:44 pm »
Thanks Dave, good question. I suppose it's like any decorative backing or a finish that lays on the surface of the wood. It will stretch just enough without breaking. I would think there are others on here that could answer that better than I could. I do think that cherry bark may actually give a bit of protection but I have no proof....it seems relatively tough.

Hey Brian, thanks for the complement. I saw your boy was working on a bow but I lost track and cant remember what his screen name was. Did he get it finished?

Thanks Marc, you are one of the few i have seen that have routinely used something similar to brush nocks. One thing I thought that was interesting when i built this bow was that brush nocks or bridges effectively lower the brace height on a bow, or at least the brace felt by the limbs. Not by much, but a half inch difference in the brace height, on a bow strung all day can add up IMO.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: ugly and a wannabe with cherry bark
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2008, 11:28:54 pm »
Matt, His name is knapperderg. Havent worked on it lately, to many things goin on but hoping to get to work on it Sunday. Its got some wind shear, not sure if there is a bow there or not.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....