Author Topic: If I'm sending you obsidian  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Tracker0721

If I'm sending you obsidian
« on: April 03, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
Please re-pm me. I know who I owe points(Trapper Rob, 1442, someone else) but I thought I was sending goodie baskets to a couple guys so they could play with something other then bottle glass but I can't find addresses or names.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
Re: If I'm sending you obsidian
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:10:52 am »
i WAS playing with bottle glasses before we met up but you already gave me plenty xD

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:22:32 am »
That was just to get you by till I got back from Glass Buttes... So I remembered you but I was shipping to a couple guys. Any new guys want some if the other 2 don't pipe up. Have boxes ready to go, just no addresses
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline bronco611

• God ,country ,family, flintknapping
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:42:54 am »
Sent you a pm I'm interested and would love an opportunity to try obsidian.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 10:55:10 am »
Im interested and I tried to pm you, but not sure if it went through

Cheers
Thunder
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 11:15:20 am »
Well this will be fun. For all you that I'm sending goodie boxes too remember to start your own thread with the pictures of a few of the points you bop out! I'll put the rock in the mail tomorrow or the next day as my obsidian may be under water right now. It's been raining nonstop and super hard since last night.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
Makenbreak, bronco, thunder, and I just got another PM while typing this. So whoever that was. For some reason I got 2 emails instead of PMs. Dunno how that happened but it works! You gents will all be getting some rock in the next week or 2. If this goes well I might do it again next month with another batch of guys just bopping bottles.

Offline bronco611

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:15 am »
thanks tracker0721 , I will be looking for an early Christmas present in the mail and will be more than happy to post pictures of anything I can make out of it.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 12:43:38 am »
yea it was raining/hailing today (saw some snow on the ground AGAIN too >.>)

was pretty cold when i started knapping today, though it easily warmed up when i was about halfway through workin it.

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:22 pm »
Tracker, in case you get buried in PMs again, I thought I'd write you here and tell you to check your email. I just sent you three emails regarding some really nice Osage billets in exhange for the rock.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
All PMs and emails should be replied to and I got the boxes ready, went to the post office in town, and the system is down. I'll try again Friday. Make-n-break I sent you an email back but not sure if you got it? OPTION 1! Haha snakey vs. not snakey, I don't even know if that's a real question

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »
I got the email. Lol!! Hey man, you never know. Option 2 was super easy, super straight, twist free, and bug free. I prefer character too, but wanted to give you the option! I'll get them on the way as soon as I can get to the post office.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 02:08:36 pm »
   I know I still own you it's been to cold to go to my shop. As soon as the weather breaks I'll get to you. You have my word. Which dos'nt mean much to some people.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline bronco611

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:57 am »
Tracker721, I received my box of flakes today and I love the colors of the obsidian. I have never seen it in person but that volcano glass is something special, created by God to please God. I hope when I get time I can knock out a point that will be worthy of such beautiful rock. Thank you for the flakes and I can't wait to start trying to make a point from it , I hope it works as nice as it looks.

JacksonCash

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 08:58:40 am »
Got my box yesterday, Didn't get a chance to open it up till 11pm. I'm excited to get going on it, good weather this weekend.