Author Topic: How to handle a trade gone south?  (Read 11450 times)

Offline warpath

Re: How to handle a trade gone south?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 07:22:50 pm »
Just sent you his address Mullet

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »
He put in a request to delete his account awhile back, which I did.  I should have banned him instead
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 07:15:42 am »
He got you to, "G"-monee? Dang he ran the circuit, little weasel needs to be scared out of his shoes.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Limbit

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 01:48:06 am »
I know there is the "good dealings" section of this forum, but that thing is huge (which credits the number of good people on the page)! In the future, it might be good for people to give other forum members a heads up if they are getting responses from people who might not be 100% trustworthy. I sent some stuff to the aforementioned person. Just stuff I had sitting around really I didn't much care about, but I would have rather given it to someone on this forum with a good heart who deserved something good than giving it to a thief.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 07:44:50 am »
Who ever the little wiseooooo is he's got a rough life ahead of him.Been burned myself too.I just don't talk to them any more since it's darn near impossible to run them down and they know it.They think that's the way to get ahead in this world.Short sighted little idiot.Feel sorry for him.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

JacksonCash

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 08:19:45 am »
In the future, it might be good for people to give other forum members a heads up if they are getting responses from people who might not be 100% trustworthy.

I have had members give me just such a heads up in the past.

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 08:39:32 am »
I had a "friend" I did a trade with for fly tying material. I was big into it years back before kids and accumulated $1500 worth of stuff. Todays $ is closer to $3000. We made a deal that he could use some of the materials in return he would service my archery needs. great deal for both i thought. A year later I needed some stuff done and contacted him. "Never made that deal, you said I could have it". A mutual buddy was there when we made deal and talked with him and said same thing. A roommate of his i know also said that the guy was making flies with another friend like crazy to use up material so I wouldn't get any back and when asked if he wanted some said "no its not really yours". His reply " my parents gave it to me", even though roomy knew he told him it was from me. I asked for a bit of money to pay for it ( about 1/2) of what I paid and he said not on your life. We tried everything but he has burned alot of bridges with many of his friends and has lost a good number because of this and other dealings. So in short it can happen even with friends face to face and not just on the net 

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2016, 08:53:44 am »
It happens; I made a special bow for an acquaintance so he could gift it to one of his close friends. He was a serious and successful turkey hunter so I struck up a deal with him; I would give him the bow for free and he would give me his turkey wings for life. When the friend got the bow he was impressed enough to offer any wings he came up with as well.

The first turkey season after the deal was struck the guy gave me 5 wings, none from the bow recipient. The next year he said he didn't hunt much, the next he said he forgot, still none from the recipient.

It has been 15 years now and the 5 wings I got from the guy were it.

This guy was a preacher, unfortunately, I feel I have been burned three times by three different guys, all were preachers.