Author Topic: Beadwork advice?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline paoliguy

Beadwork advice?
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »
I just picked up a nice quiver that would look even nicer with some beadwork in my opinion. I've seen some beautiful work by folks on this site over the years and was hoping someone would give me some pointers. I'm a total beginner here so any words of wisdom would be great.
Thanks,
Mark

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Beadwork advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 09:07:46 am »
The way I had to begin was to buy a book on lazy siouw stitching beadwork.There will be many different types of applications.Mostly geometric types.Keep practicing till you get it the way you like it.You can practice on flannel if you want before using brain tan.Takes patience and some like it and some don't.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:43:22 pm »
Thank you, I will check out the book selection and give it a go. It's something I've always been interested in but never really thought about how it's done. It'll probably be a while but someday I'll post a picture.

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:59 pm »
A consideration before you begin; look at some examples before you invest the time in making something you are not going to be happy with. If you are thinking about beadwork, I'm guessing you are thinking you want it be in a Native American style. There are a lot of easy to locate examples of them. I posted a bunch of photos of beaded quivers on here some time ago. Curtis

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:14 pm »
Thank you Curtis I will take a look at them. I also sent you a PM.
Mark

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 01:48:18 pm »
I like the lazy stitch beading its easy to learn and it has the old school look.  Most of my bead work is the lazy stitch.  There are a bunch of how to videos on youtube.  You can search Beading how to Lazy Stitch Technique.
Northern Ute