Author Topic: ISO take down sleeves / Whitetail back strap simew for trade  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
ISO take down sleeves / Whitetail back strap simew for trade
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:45:35 pm »
Needing some take down sleeves and have sinew for trade. I have some cleaned + some that still needs cleaned and probably another 60 that I haven't found time to work up yet.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline jeffp51

Re: ISO take down sleeves / Whitetail back strap simew for trade
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 12:09:47 am »
Fred, where do you get all that sinew?

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:21 am »
I worked for a locker and although I'm now retired they are kind enough to save it for me every year.
Actually I've made 4 bows for the family and I probably still owe them,
They process in excess of 200 a year and if I had bigger gonads and the time I'd have them save the legs.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:28 am »
By the way the name of the establishment Is Nelson Processing in Wolbach, Nebraska. They are a "Clean Top Notch Facility".

You actually get back the deer you took in to them. They don't do the shuffle which seems fairly common at a lot of lockers.

They also smoke a pretty good sausage. Nothing better than a smoked venison ring with sauerkraut unless maybe you have the ones that they add jalapeno and cheese.

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 11:00:02 pm »
Just a random thought Fred.. We live two hours from one another. Nebraskans unite!
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 07:47:59 am »
Pm sent