Author Topic: going for bankruptcy ( 70@28 49"ttt pics added ) chrono numbers pg 6 NOW SINEWED  (Read 37850 times)

Offline John Scifres

Re: going for bankruptcy
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »
I get it.  I once did a buildalong for "No Chance".

http://web.archive.org/web/20080302182030/http://residents.bowhunting.net/sticknstring/nochance.html

Have fun.  Just wear your protection young man.

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 12:46:41 pm »
I loved the last one mate and will look forward to seeing the next one!  :D
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline le0n

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 12:57:12 pm »
Are we supposed to push the "Notify" button when people are doing particularly outside-the-box bow builds or is that just for really offensive stuff?  :o :o :o

Eric, I have no idea what that notify button is for either.

hitting that button is to somewhat 'subscribe' to the thread/discussion. i believe you'll get a notification when someone replies something new to the particular thread; but not necessarily a notification for each post after that initial notification. once you revisit the thread, i believe it'll reset the notification trigger.

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 01:17:51 pm »
Just click the button and read what it says. Sorry to offer such a simple suggestion.....
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »
Sleek, I hope the best for your bows if you like them,, thats all that matters,, I would like to know how they perform, I don't think you have posted any chrono results or maybe I missed it,, it would be nice to compare the design you are working on with other designs,, I like a short bow to hunt with as well, and understand that, I just shoot a short bow,, with a shorter draw,, even a 40 inch sinew back,, that draws 20 inches( I shot it through a chrono and it will kill a deer but does not shoot that hard for its draw weight) I have been comparing chrono results since the first MOJam, and it is fun for me to see what different bows can do :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »
Have at it sleek, here's my unsolicited two cents worth if you do it do it right with sinew and horn if you want it to last😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Badger

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 04:21:56 pm »

Sleek accuracy is a problem on short bows for a number of reasons that all tend to aggravate one another. Finger pinch, they tend to stack at the end so very slight changes in draw length can affect trajectory quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making and shooting shorties because they are fun, I prefer them for rabbit hunting. I use about a 23" draw though went hunting rabbits in the bush. Do you remember Tom Mills from Pasadena. He was pretty good with shorties and he also used a short draw with them.

Offline sleek

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 04:30:15 pm »
Have at it sleek, here's my unsolicited two cents worth if you do it do it right with sinew and horn if you want it to last😉

There is no doubt to the truth of that statement. But i believe strongly i can do the same with just wood.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 04:36:16 pm »

Sleek accuracy is a problem on short bows for a number of reasons that all tend to aggravate one another. Finger pinch, they tend to stack at the end so very slight changes in draw length can affect trajectory quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making and shooting shorties because they are fun, I prefer them for rabbit hunting. I use about a 23" draw though went hunting rabbits in the bush. Do you remember Tom Mills from Pasadena. He was pretty good with shorties and he also used a short draw with them.

Yes I recall him, but it has been some time sense I have seen him. Wasnt he a paleoplanet guy? 
Regarding finger pinch,  I haven't noticed it to be uncomfortable.  Perhaps pat, eric, or kohn would make a comment on how the pinch is on it. Of course,  its only 26, not 28 like this will be. The recurve tends to stop stacking from being an issue.

If I get good shooters, I should send you one and see what your opinion is on it.

Offline sleek

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »
Sleek, I hope the best for your bows if you like them,, thats all that matters,, I would like to know how they perform, I don't think you have posted any chrono results or maybe I missed it,, it would be nice to compare the design you are working on with other designs,, I like a short bow to hunt with as well, and understand that, I just shoot a short bow,, with a shorter draw,, even a 40 inch sinew back,, that draws 20 inches( I shot it through a chrono and it will kill a deer but does not shoot that hard for its draw weight) I have been comparing chrono results since the first MOJam, and it is fun for me to see what different bows can do :)

It was too windy and cloudy last weekend. Maybe soon I can get a chance to chrono them.

Offline sleek

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

If there is a difficult part about this type of build, its the fade deflex.

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 05:12:47 pm »
Probably help a bunch if you go bendy and build the handke up with cork
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »
Im sure it would bubby, if my goal was just to pull a short bow back far. But I want a stiff handle. I will get it, just need to get the techniques down.

Offline PatM

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 05:41:15 pm »
I still don't understand why you aren't following the proven method Lukasz showed ?  ???

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »
well ok, I think hickory, might hold up better and easier to bend, thats why the make rocking chairs out of it,,