Author Topic: Looking for osage fruits  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Looking for osage fruits
« on: March 06, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »
Title says it. I need some hedge apples! Some big old green brains of the beloved Maclura pomifera!  :)
My dad did some research and found they are effective at fighting cancer cells. I also want to get some growing on our property. I am hoping some one has some dried or frozen that hey would be willing to ship to Oregon. looking for a dozen, maybe  more.   

Have doug-fir arrow shafts, mink oil, or second grade yew staves to trade.

Thanks osage guys!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline sleek

Re: Looking for osage fruits
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:35:53 pm »
Carson, they are all rotten now. :(
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:42:41 pm »
Carson hate to here that. I have a bucket full that's been freezing and thawing out side all winter. There pretty nasty. I was going to plant them in the woods. I don't think there what you want.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 11:03:15 pm »
Carson, I have a few from gun doc at my parents cabin in Washington state. My mom put them in the fridge, she said they were in rough shape. I'm headed down this weekend to see if I can get still gets some good seeds from them.  If so I'll let you know

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:37:20 pm »
I have seen some still around here in Texas. I will look tomorrow.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline RandalB

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:07:51 pm »
hello i'm new at posting on here but not new to the magazine if you want some seeds i can send you about one hundred of them if you send me your address.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »
Thanks guys. I knew it would be a long shot, as it is a bit late for fresh fruits. That would be great if you could turn some up Cipriano or Wizard goat.
Sounds like seeds are much easier to come by. And I dont know, maybe the content of the seeds is just as potent an anti-cancer as the fruit flesh. I will have to do some research on that.

I would take you up on that RandalB. I will PM you with my address and see what you might want in return.

Thanks guys. Let me know Cip and Wiz  :)
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 08:28:56 pm »
Can you share a link to the information about the fruit helping to treat cancer?  I am a firm believer in osage having healing properties.  I've never seen fungus growing on osage trees.  I know I breath a lot of osage dust and I never get sick.  I don't remember the last time I've had a cold or anything else.  This summer I can ship you all the fruit you want it you cover the shipping costs.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »
That would be great if you could do that Clint. From the readings I have done, it sounds like your observations are backed up by a lot of modern data and historical folk use. Do a google search for "maclura pomifera cancer cells", this will give you plenty to read.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »
You might get some surprise packages Carson.How about a seedling or two?I'll check that out once.Put the roots in a gell to preserve moisture just like trees sent to people all over the country.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 02:53:37 pm »
Carson, I went and check, but they must have all been chewed up by critters. Mid summer I can send you all you need.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.