Author Topic: P A Magazines  (Read 2206 times)

Offline JEB

P A Magazines
« on: March 14, 2016, 04:58:43 pm »
Just received the first 40 P A Magazines  printed for the postages cost which amounted to $10.00.

Some really great reading material including the start of Marshall with photo's and early  info on the GLLI. Only got thru 3 so far.

Offline RyanR

Re: P A Magazines
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »
Are you referring to the start of Marshall, MI? I may have to check it out. I have every issue but, it has been awhile since I read the old ones. I started subscribing in 1997 and awhile later bought all the back issues. You will see how the magazine has evolved. It has changed quite a bit from the beginning.

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:46:10 pm »
The article about the 1st Marshall event was in Volume 3  , Issue 1 on page 47.  Said it took place in 1994. Before that the shoot was called Wildercreek Longbow shoot.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:55:39 am »
I might be mistaken, but I think it (Marshall)was the original spot of the Michigan Longbow Invitational. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:23:32 am »
You are correct. The first Michigan Longbow shoot took place in Marshall in 1985.  The organizers hoped to draw 150 but they drew over 500 longbowmen for the weekend.  It is still one of the most successful traditional events in Michigan.

Traditional archery events are still very well attended  in Michigan. We have 4 or 5 shoots throughout the year that are all still very successful.  I really think Bear Archery had a lot to do with that.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:13:32 pm »
Thanks or posting Jeb.
Good info :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 06:31:24 am »
Don, many good info in these older magazines. Couple articles with Norm Blaker but one that caught my attention was the one Mike Cook wrote about killing a deer with a self bow that his dad made many years before that hunt.  I called Mike and told him abut the article. I offered him the magazine with his article and he was excited to get it.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 06:13:29 am »
I love my old PA magazines and look through them from time to time. Very good stuff in them you tend to forget about over the years. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good