Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Alan Case's flight arrows - learning how to make them!

<< < (5/8) > >>

mikekeswick:
I've used lots of different parrot feathers in the past and in general they aren't very good....but I do like your humour!
I've been so busy I haven't been able to finish up all the shafts I've made. I managed to get one of the 300grain shafts done and it flew about 320 yds in a blustery cross wind. I'll be getting the rest of the shafts nocks/points fitted soon then it will be out for some testing. Also my Turkish bow will be ready to shoot by then and it will be interesting to compare the two designs side by side. :) I reall can't wait for my dedicated Turkish flight bows to be ready but that 6 months off yet.

Del the cat:
320 yards, 300 gn arrow.. what was the bow?
Del

joachimM:
320 yards (wait, in meters this sounds a bit less spectacular  >:D)!!
you got my attention

mikekeswick:
320 isn't accurate that is just me pacing the distance out but i'm normally pretty close with pacing.
This is the bow - http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,56281.0.html   I made an 8 strand B50 string for it.
I have a couple of Turkish flight bows in the works and that is where my main focus lies....but they won't be ready for a good while yet. I aim to make one about 60 - 70 lb and the other somewhere around 100#. I've set myself a goal of 600yds.
I haven't had time to complete these arrows yet and I haven't been in the mood for the fiddly nocks. However I will try and get these arrows finished by the weekend. I suspect that the bow i'm using at the moment won't like arrows below around 250 ish grains but we'll see.

joachimM:
I saw that bow already and had high expectations for flight shooting. Very good design IMO. Keep us posted on your progress!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version