Author Topic: Out the back door  (Read 2065 times)

Offline DC

Out the back door
« on: March 01, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »
Warm and cozy in our fur coats, my a$$  >:( >:( >:(

OK the rain didn't show :(. Imagine it's peeing down ;D

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: Out the back door
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:57:31 pm »
DC, I see what looks like the hair loss on that deer. :'( We have had that in Western WA for a few yrs. our deer seem to be making a come back now, I don't see it as much, the ones I see are mostly in the younger deer now. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:43 pm »
I noticed that too. I never thought much about it. Thought it was just scruffy. It's a little early for them to be shedding I guess. It's been a warm winter though. I'll try and get a better look. It's part of our neighborhood herd.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:19:27 am »

The deer here in Montana, or at least in my area, are starting to lose patches of winter coat.  Been a mild winter, and now high temps in the mid to upper 40's and occasionally in the low to mid 50's.  It is funny, how they have trees to get under, but will lay out in the open when it is raining.  I have seen deer, with abundant cover, lay out in the pouring rain.  The ones that hang around my house, have a bit more sense, and will get under the trees.  Been raining all week, and actually is raining pretty good right now, at 10:10 pm.  Supposed to be rainy all week.  I need to cut a couple of trees, not too far from the house, that have root rot, and I need more fire wood, the pile is getting low.  Still cool, in the am.  Low to mid 30's at the moment.
                                    Wayne
                                    Wayne

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:35 am »
Stickbender: When I was growing up, I was told the deer like to get out from under the trees because, the water drips in the same spot from trees, and when it hits the same spot on the hair, it will soaks through their hair, getting their skin wet instead of running off of them. is this true I don't know, just what I was told. Have a good one.  Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 12:00:08 pm »
Very cool, ya gotta love seeing them hanging out so comfortably just out the back door.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 03:44:05 pm »
Look at all those happy does napping on the lawn,
Doot, doot, doot, doo
Lookin' out my backdoor!*

*apologies to Credence.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.