Author Topic: How to handle a trade gone south?  (Read 11456 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: How to handle a trade gone south?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »
Hey, is that the same one that I sent a bow to for his Youth Pastor?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline warpath

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 07:18:59 pm »
If it is who you guys are talking about, I think I've just been taken for a dozen perfectly spined and weighed shafts.  >:( Not cool!!

G-Monee  >:D

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 07:38:15 pm »
I'm not much of a gossiper, and can understand why we don't want to bad mouth people on the site, but with all the problems this one person has caused, and with many of you knowing who it is anyway, why should you keep the identity a secret?   I don't want to end up in a trade with this guy, but have no way to learn of his identity. 

Not to cause trouble, just my 2 cents. 

Russ

Offline DuBois

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 09:30:27 pm »
Read the title in the first 4 entries of this posting. I put his name in the original post.

fredie

I know we don't want to talk bad of people here, but if we can announce the great trades for other members info. then I think it is just as important to protect each other when we know someone is a B*llshi*(3tter

In this case he has cancelled his membership and can't be contacted even if someone wanted to, except maybe by an administrator.

So long fredie  :'(

Offline DuBois

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 09:32:04 pm »
And yes Mr. Mullet, it is the same guy who I know at least was looking for one. What a saintly fella.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 09:47:54 pm »
When I work out a trade with a new guy or someone I'm unfamiliar with I ask them to send me a picture of the shipping receipt before I ship my part of the trade.  I try to politely explain why I am requesting that.  So far nobody has had a problem doing that.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
When i first started trading i would ship and tell them to ship what it was worth once they got it, still do on occasion, most of the guys on here you can trust implicitly
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 08:09:21 am »
It takes a massive lack of brains to make this many bad trades all the while handing out your address. Eddie, he lives in FLA. Maybe he is close by? Maybe he'd like to have coffee with you? :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 09:44:12 am »
Coming from a newbie to the site I don't see how it would be rude to expect a shipping receipt or just get your end first before shipping. I mean if you build a reputation as a respected individual on this site the ball is in your court. An earnest reputation and good name is to be esteemed yah?

Offline bubby

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:35 am »
Absolutely lumberman

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:05 am »
Say what you mean and mean what you say, pretty f'ing easy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:14 am »
I've only had one trade go bad and that was many years ago. I try to work on trust and so far it has worked as planned.
 The reason we started "Good Dealings" was to let everyone know who is trustworthy. Eddie's black book tells you who ain't!  ;)  Just ask Eddie, he'll tell you if they are in his book.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »
Say what you mean and mean what you say, pretty f'ing easy.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Offline Scottski

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »
I traded with the guy and gave him the benefit of The doubt. I try and trust people till they give me a reason guess he gave me a reason. I'll be a lil more caushes next time I'm I don't recognize the name.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »
There had been no complaints until after everyone sent him stuff so he wasn't in my book. He does live about 3 hours away on the way to my brothers house. Does anybody have his address, because I can't find the one I shipped the bow to. I might do a little information hunting on the internet and maybe give his Mom and Dad a call and let them know what their son has been up to, if he really is 16 and not 35 and selling or trading the stuff on other sites.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?