Author Topic: How to handle a trade gone south?  (Read 11457 times)

Offline DuBois

How to handle a trade gone south?
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:22:36 pm »
Anybody here had bad dealings?

Not sure what to do about it?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:15:22 am by DuBois »

Offline Tracker0721

Re: Trade with fredie?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »
No. But I've been waiting 5 months on a trade and am still holding out. Gotta have faith!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

riverrat

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 06:28:44 am »
 i traded him some locust to use for glue on nocks, knife handles, ect.didnt cost much to send only 15 bucks or so. it did take a couple months to get the sinew he sent me. he had the wrong address once i guess, then had to repackage the couple of strands of leg tendon fibers because the pacxkage { envelope?}broke, but all in all i eventually got it ;) added it to my glue scraps eventualy ill use it for glue......wish you luck with your trades
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:31:51 am by riverrat »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:34:24 am »
Hey guys, we need to discuss Credit References in PM's or emails. But, let me know how the trade comes out and if he needs to get added to my list. I've got a new name that will be added shortly if I don't see a bow in the mail soon.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DuBois

Re: How to handle a trade gone south?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:14:58 am »
What would the best course of action be if a trade is not fulfilled?

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:15:18 am »
Seems to me it would be better to get it out in the open. Let people know what they are in for, or at least let people tell their side of the story and not have it a one sided affair.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:31:49 am »
We can't allow that on the open forum. All trades are between the ones making the trade. PA has nothing to do with the trades and is not responsible for them or the traders. It's up to you to decide if someone is a reliable trader. We've added the "Good Dealings" section to let folks know who has been reliable in past trades. If you feel someone has taken advantage of you contact Eddie(Mullet) so he can enter the name in his book. If you have questions about trading with someone Eddie can tell you if they are on his list or not.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DuBois

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:34:11 am »
OK, got it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:43:15 am »
Cant mention names, but this guy has done nothing but beg since he signed up a year ago. Zero contributions otherwise. I'm sure most can come up with a name. Stay away from him.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 06:59:02 pm »
I sent out some cane to a guy in Florida he was supposed to send me some feathers...... Well that was back in February and I have never received any feathers! Went to send him another pm today and I can't. I see his name still there and his messages but I can't respond to him. I think I sent the message to someone else. Sorry about that. Anyhow I'm out some cane and postage and got nothing. Well I done my part and held up to my part of the trade so you live and learn. Guess there is going to be bad apples everywhere you go. That just sucks for mankind!
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:35 pm »
I sent out some cane to a guy in Florida he was supposed to send me some feathers...... Well that was back in February and I have never received any feathers! Went to send him another pm today and I can't. I see his name still there and his messages but I can't respond to him. I think I sent the message to someone else. Sorry about that. Anyhow I'm out some cane and postage and got nothing. Well I done my part and held up to my part of the trade so you live and learn. Guess there is going to be bad apples everywhere you go. That just sucks for mankind!

I've got some extra feathers rough cut to about 5".  Turkey season isn't to far away so I'll be getting more soon.  PM me your address and I'll get some headed your way.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 07:25:27 am »
Same kid screwed you that screwed Doobs, Scott. He is gone now, so don't plan on getting anything but do plan on nobody else getting screwed by him. Sad part is he hid behind religion and church groups, that really gets me fired up.

Clint the stud will do you right.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 07:51:06 am »
Yah I did think I was going to get anything in return after I sent him like 3 messages and he didn't answer the last one. Oh well you live and learn this one he will have to answer for in the long run.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 08:41:58 am »
Oddly enough when I threatened him via PM, he didn't reply to me. But he did cancel his account I'm told. That's good, we don't need any losers on this site. We can all disagree and bicker our opinions all we want, but thievery is another thing.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 12:32:28 pm »
It was worth a small loss to me to have a liar gone from the site. I did at roughly the same time have some great trades with a couple of other new guys, so 2 good and 1 that will have to live with his lack of self respect and integrity. Not bad overall.  ;D

Honesty and integrity of the members on here is what makes it work as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to you all.