Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88934 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2016, 01:34:58 pm »
Been there buddy!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »
. . . I'm finally at the point where I stopped at last night  :P

;D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DC

« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »
I've retraced my steps more than once. But if you add all the time up over your life it probably doesn't amount to much. ;) ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:19 pm »
I got some lighter stain and finally got it all done.  I feel like I had a Mr. Miyagi paint the fence workout.  I was closing up the camper for the night and realized I forgot to stain the door.  I had to get a flashlight to finish that up.  The walls don't really match the floor but I'm not to worried about it.  Once I get the trim done and everything moved back in I don't think it will look to bad.  I used the stain/polyurethane combo and there isn't to many options of that available.  I couldn't find a shade that looked good with the floor. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:39:47 pm by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »
Today I worked on the trim work.  I used some leftover barn siding scraps.  I trimmed around the windows and door.

I also ran a strip of barn siding around the floor.  It doesn't look like I got much done but I worked on it all day.  It felt like I was in slow motion today.  I couldn't clear the cobwebs out of my head it seemed like.  I made a list of stuff to finish the trim work.  I'll get some supplies and finish  up the ceiling and around the bed platform on Thursday. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »
I like the contrast between the wall and floor. The barn siding breaks it up nicely!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »
Man........I can't wait until I can pull that chick magnet again......We need to go to Elm Hall Clinster.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2016, 09:56:40 pm »
Man........I can't wait until I can pull that chick magnet again.
DBar

:P    :-X     :laugh:
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2016, 10:22:43 pm »
Elm Hall is within a day or two of my anniversary every year.  That might be pushing the limits with the wifey.

I leave for mojam this year the day after our anniversary. So that means I'm packing up on my anniversary and the wife is probably going to help me.  :o

Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2016, 11:59:44 pm »
Good luck with that Patrick.

I did some more trim work today around the bed platform.  I still need to tack down the canvas material and figure out if I'm cutting the mattress down to fit. I was hoping to finish all the trim today but I ended up helping my dad with his project.  I have 2 more boards to put on the ceiling and then put the rope along the corners.

I also rebuilt the shelves in the front.  I'm not 100% happy with them but I guess they will work.

I didn't like how the plastic outlet covers looked so I replaced them with wooden covers that I stained.  This is one of the wall panels that I had to replace.  I had to piece it together because I was out of full sheets.  I wasn't very happy with that but I didn't want to drive an hour to home depot for one board. 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:02:45 am by osage outlaw »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:28 am »
Hope you and The Wife get opportunity this summer to take rig on its maiden voyage.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2016, 02:42:35 pm »

I just finished putting up the last trim boards and the rope along the ceiling. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:47:38 am by osage outlaw »

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
That is sharp buddy!

Patrick

Offline bubby

« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »
Yes sir old cowboy that i am i love the rope
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »
Looks great