Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88922 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 11:50:31 pm »
I'm not sure what I'm doing there yet Pat.  I'm going to experiment with leaving an inch or two of overhang from the roofing and bending that over the corner.  I don't see any tags on the brakes.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:12 am »
Yep it looks like it needs replaced to me. Did you have the manufacturer, make and model of the trailer? That should be all you need to find your parts. Call a local boat/trailer repair shop. They will be able to point you the right way.

The camper sure is looking good buddy! I'm a little concerned about the amount of weight that's on the tung though. You might have to get a load leveler. They are used on the tung to help distribute the weight so it's more on the trailer axel instead of your rear suspension. You should be able to find one at an rv shop. And I think Harbor freight has them,  not sure.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:21 am »
Some Rusty old Barn Tin would sure look good on it....

Pat B:  I do plan to be there.  Maybe with the Wife.
          She wont shoot or work on Bows.  She will talk and talk and talk.
          If she would ever just show up she would fall in love with the Classic. 
          Did I mention that She loves to talk. ;D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2016, 11:56:23 am »
I looked at some rusty old barn tin but it had holes in it and looked like more trouble than it was worth. 

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2016, 01:52:16 pm »
If you lived closer I'd bend you up some nice custom Stainless trim for that thing

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2016, 02:52:16 pm »
If you lived closer I'd bend you up some nice custom Stainless trim for that thing

road trip!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2016, 05:13:42 pm »

I would take you up on that offer.  I need the little overhang pieces for above the door and windows. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »
I got the siding put on the other side today.  It's ready for a roof now.  Might try to get started on that tomorrow.  I'm loving the looks of the barn siding.  I had just enough full length boards to finish both sides.  I had 7 left over but they all had issues.  I'm using shorter pieces for the doors.

I put a couple 1x12's on the front of the storage area.  I don't want the load sliding forward if I have to stop suddenly.  I need to get a 1x8 and some plywood to get the box enclosed.  When I finish the interior I'll cover up the 1x boards with whatever I put on the walls.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2016, 08:45:47 pm »
I want my half painted barn red with white trim.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2016, 08:47:03 pm »
You can paint your fancy new camper red with white trim

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »
How about making the door out of barnwood on a 45 deg angle and make shutters on the windows would be cool...... :)
0DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »
I'm planning on the shudders and want to make the door look like an old barn door somehow.  I was thinking something like this.

Stringman

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »
You might consider putting a couple access doors in those 1x12's. It would be handy if you aren't hauling Osage and use that area for storage.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »
Cool looking doors Clint...just don't put a cresent moon on it...:) ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »
You might consider putting a couple access doors in those 1x12's. It would be handy if you aren't hauling Osage and use that area for storage.

I'm going to hing the the top of the bed frame to allow access into the storage area.  I want the front to be secure to keep anything from sliding forward.