Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88933 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2016, 08:41:17 am »
Knoll, projects like this are never completed  ;) :) You are always thinking of things that make it more comfortable and convenient . Looking good Clint. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2016, 09:45:09 am »
That inside paneling looks awesome Clint

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2016, 09:52:32 am »
Thanks.  I went back and forth on several different options for the inside.  I wanted to do cedar but that was to expensive and the reviews online for what I was going to buy said most of the planks were warped and couldn't be used.  I looked at paneling and didn't find anything I liked.  I decided to go with birch plywood until I went to a different lumber store.  I found 1/4" underlayment that looked very similar to the birch plywood but was less than half the cost.  I'm going to stain it after I get it all installed.  I think the wood grain will show more with the stain and sealer on it. 

Pappy, you are right.  I doubt this will ever be 100% finished. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »
I remember the 1st time I did some remolding in my house (its an old farm house) one off my neighbors asked me when I'd be done working on my house. I said when I dig a hole and bury it.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2016, 01:39:46 pm »
I remember the 1st time I did some remolding in my house (its an old farm house) one off my neighbors asked me when I'd be done working on my house. I said when I dig a hole and bury it.

Some young people just don't understand this. The work is never done, there is always something. A good reason to learn to do stuff on your own.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2016, 11:12:47 pm »
I finished the ceiling and most of one wall today.  Working around all the curves, outlets, door, bed platform, and windows makes it take forever.  I bet I took over 20 measurements on the last piece of siding I put up today  :P 

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2016, 12:02:12 am »
I finished the ceiling and most of one wall today.  Working around all the curves, outlets, door, bed platform, and windows makes it take forever.  I bet I took over 20 measurements on the last piece of siding I put up today  :P

Finish with is always tedious!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2016, 10:13:28 am »
Clint, i gotta say thats prolly the coolest rig ever. Seein it first hand , its perfect. Been showin everyone i know the pics and they cant believe it. Well done.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2016, 01:25:06 pm »
Thanks.  It's been a lot of fun seeing how much people like it.  Just stopping for gas turns into an adventure sometimes. 

I'm working on the second wall now.  The heat is slowing me down. 

Offline bubby

« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »
Definite chick magnet right Clint, or was that just the dancing bear😃
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »
Probably a little of both Bubby  ;D

I have all the walls and ceiling done.  All I have left to do is the front of the bed platform and the ledge at the back end of it.  That should be pretty easy to do since its all flat and straight lines.  I will have a lot of trim work to do on it.  I'm thinking about gluing a natural fiber rope in the corner between the ceiling and walls as corner trim.

Offline DC

« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2016, 06:19:53 pm »
I like the rope idea. Good one!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2016, 06:20:41 pm »
Lookin' good!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2016, 09:55:19 pm »
I finished the last few pieces on the bed platform.  It's all done and ready for stain.  I'm doing that tomorrow morning.  I had an idea on what to do on the blank wall on the outside of the camper.  I want to make a slightly oversized osage bow that looks like its at full draw towards the sky with an arrow nocked. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2016, 12:05:50 pm »
I started to stain it this morning.  I got 2 panels in before I decided it was to dark.  I spent all morning replacing them.  I've worked for 4 hours and I'm finally at the point where I stopped at last night  :P