Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88966 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »
I installed the electric this morning.  I put an outlet at normal height and one at the ceiling level controlled by a flat switch.  The light I want to use will plug into the upper outlet.

I ran the wire out the bottom of the wall and put a plug on it.  Now I can run an extension cord to it and have electric inside.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »
Here's a little Tip; Cut the plug end off of an old extension cord and plug it in to the outlet while you are towing it. It will keep the mud and sand out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »
Looks good Clint,  I'm glad I got to see it in person. It sure is a cool little camper!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27:53 pm »
I'd highly recommend also wiring up a few 12 volt lights and wiring, then mount a battery box on the tongue. You will use 12 volt more than 120, by far.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »
I'd highly recommend also wiring up a few 12 volt lights and wiring, then mount a battery box on the tongue. You will use 12 volt more than 120, by far.

Thats a good idea Pearl!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut here and there Patrick!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2016, 05:02:24 pm »
...and a solar battery maintainer will keep the battery charged up with light use.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2016, 05:36:43 pm »
Here's a little Tip; Cut the plug end off of an old extension cord and plug it in to the outlet while you are towing it. It will keep the mud and sand out.

I already planned on doing that Mullet.  Thanks for the tip though.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:04 pm »

I don't think I'll need 12 volts for anything.  I've spent almost 2 weeks in the camper without electric and did just fine.  The only reason I'll use any electric will be for lights and a phone charger.  I might put a small space heater in there for cooler weather.  Plus with that long tongue I'm trying to keep the weight down in front.  Adding a battery or two won't help that out any.

Offline DC

« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2016, 06:03:11 pm »
Awww, there ya go. next thing will be a microwave and then a TV. Then a flush toilet. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2016, 08:42:19 pm »
You are knocking all the rough edges off of that bad boy.  I bet it is going to be a lot more comfortable for you at next year's Classic.  I like the Ramada II.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »
Our Teardrop is all 12 volt. Battery box on the tongue, wired to the trailer lites so they charge while driving and a small solar panel when we are unhooked. I have a converter in the back for phone chargers and computer and pump on the mattress.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »
I'll see how it goes with the regular wiring.  I can add 12 volt later if I see that I need it. 

I got started on the ceiling.  The curves on this thing give it some character but it sure would have been easier to build if it was square.  Trying to get that front piece in place and screwed down by myself was very aggravating.  I only got up two pieces before it started to get dark.  I'm planning on finishing it up this weekend. 

Offline bubby

« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:49 am »
Clint my dad always says,"if it was easy anyone could do it" that's looking good
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #314 on: June 09, 2016, 06:34:19 am »
This has been fun read. Gonna be sad to see it completed!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857