Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88991 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
I'm finally getting caught up on some recent bow projects and I'm able to get back to work on the RRII.  The maiden journey to the Classic was a great success.  After living in it for a week I figured out some changes that needed to be fixed.  The first thing was the bed platform was to high.  I wanted to make sure I had plenty of storage room in the back.  After hauling a full load I had some excess room.  I dropped the bed 7 5/8".  That brings it down to a normal bed height and makes the inside look bigger.

I started insulating it.  I was planning on going with the foam board insulation but decided to go with the foil covered bubble wrap instead.  The R value was higher with the foil plus its easier to install.  I'm putting a single layer on the walls and a double layer on the ceiling.  The R value should be pretty high with the double layer.  I could tell a big difference in the heat coming off the ceiling once I got it done today.  My next day off I'm going to remove the shelves and finish the insulation.  I got about 75% done today.  I want to get the floor down to.  That's all I'll have time to do before Marshall. 

I also had some curtains made for it.  I used old arrows as curtain rods.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »
Looking forward to seeing your remade at Marshall!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2016, 05:38:01 pm »
Lookn good !!!  Clint
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2016, 06:58:44 pm »
Here's hoping for a safe trip to and from Marshall for the Redneck Ramada II , and everyone else that will be traveling there.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »
Here's hoping for a safe trip to and from Marshall for the Redneck Ramada II , and everyone else that will be traveling there.

Much appreciated BJ .....Clint and I will be rolling into Marshall early Wednesday PM....will be good to meet ya.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »
Clint ... temps look like ya may need bit of ventilation in there!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2016, 10:18:40 pm »
Thanks guys.

Knoll, I get good ventilation through the two windows.  At 2 am when I crawl into the camper it's cooled off.  The insulation should help keep the daytime heat down.

I finished installing the insulation today.  I had some left over so I added a 3rd layer to almost all of the ceiling.  When I was done with that I started on the flooring.  That went pretty quick.  It makes it look a lot better inside.

New floor mat installed

I put the temporary shelves back up.  I need to come up with an idea for a permanent setup.

I got a memory foam mattress for it.  No more noisy and uncomfortable air mattress.  The box said it might take 48 hours to fully expand.  The mattress is a little larger than the bed platform.  I'll wedge it in there once it takes shape. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2016, 10:29:13 pm »
Looking more like the Shangri-la than a redneck remade!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2016, 10:39:25 pm »
Do ya need the stepstool to get into the bed?   8)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2016, 10:40:52 pm »
Not since I lowered the bed platform Knoll.  I'm keeping the step stool for around camp. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2016, 10:41:45 pm »
Yep, it's truly beginning to look classy. You wife is going to be proud to go camping in that rig!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2016, 10:58:10 pm »
Did you insulate under the bed?

Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »
No.  I insulated the walls in the storage area.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »
That should do the trick bud!

Patrick

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #299 on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:31 pm »
Clint , I was going to see if you wanted to swing by here on the way up and grab this mattress but looks like you have it all taken care of.
Looks good
See ya in a few days
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !