Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88993 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2016, 11:39:37 pm »
Thats cool as heck buddy! And yea, thanks for taking us along the ride with you!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2016, 11:59:20 pm »
I wish I could be at the Classic to see this 5 star, redneck camper.  You should take a couple/three chicken down with you.  They wouldn't have to come home; they could be dinner. :)

Once while kayaking, I met a 4 or 5 good ol boys/ rednecks camping.  They h ad 3 0r 4 chickens in a pen next to their arm surplus tent. One of my paddling friends said to them, "Ok, I've gotta ask, what's up with the chickens."

Redneck boy replies, "Well, we just had a couple coolers and we needed them for beer.  So, we brought the chickens for supper."
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2016, 01:31:34 pm »
Thanks Knoll and Patrick.

Dave, with my history with chickens at bow shoots I don't think I'll be bringing any live ones

I finished up a few more small details.  I still need to make some quick curtains for it.  I delegated that job to my Mom.

I cut the work bench ends off at an angle to match the frame.

I put down the duck canvas on the bed platform.  When I finish the interior I'll glue it down nice and smooth.

I made a carpenter bee trap out of the barn siding scraps. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline stickbender

« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2016, 02:16:55 am »
     Have you thought about using the rubber like material they use for putting in tile on the floor of showers, or the stuff they use for flat roofs?
    Hedgeapple, he could build a chicken coop, on the front, instead of a tool box. ;)  That would give it a redneck upper class look!  OOOOhhh, :o you could call the camper .......   oooohh ...... are you ready ......"The chiken hock!  You know like the chicken hawk in the WB cartoons, The little guy who grabs Fog Horn Leg Horn, by the neck, and says "Are yas gonna come along peacefully, or am I gonna have to muss ya up a bit?!"  You could paint a drum stick under the name! Drum stick, hock.......like ham hock, only chiken hock....  Chiken, is a red neck Chicken, looks the same, tastes the same ,but it isn't spelled with a  " z ".

ah,it was just an idea....... sigh...... but in my minds eye, it looked perfect...... ::) ::) :P  Comming along right nice!  Thanks for sharing, keep us updated with lots of pictures.
                                    Wayne
P.S. do you think you could talk your Wife into posing with a bonnet on her head, and a corn cob pipe in her, mouth, and holding a big wooden spoon, in one hand and a dutch oven, or big frying pan in her other hand, standing by the door?  Yeah, I didn't think so either, but it was a thought ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:27:02 am by stickbender »

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2016, 10:21:12 am »
lol

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2016, 10:37:40 am »
Put a rockin' chair on that porch and call er good.  :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2016, 12:21:12 am »
No chicken coop for me.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the front yet.  I'll see how much use the bench gets this week.  I got a reproduction sign to hang on the outside.  I also put up some curtains but forgot to get a picture.  I'll try to take one tomorrow before I leave. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2016, 12:38:36 pm »
Thats cool Clint!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2016, 04:44:47 pm »
Can't wait to see it in person,  see ya Wednesday good lord willing!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2016, 01:11:54 am »
I pulled it to the classic today and everything went good.  I had the storage area packed full.  It was quite a load. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2016, 09:25:19 am »
Good to hear there was no drama on the way to TN. See ya in couple days.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08:45 am »
Glad to hear you made it down safely Clint.  Can't wait to check it out in person in a few days.

Offline wildman

« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »
Today should have tested the water tightness !!!!!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2016, 02:30:29 am »
It's been through several downpours with no leaks while I've been here.  I'm very happy with how well its functioned as a camper this week.  I have plenty of room in it. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:18 am »
Sweet!

Patrick