Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 89059 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2016, 08:50:23 am »
Wayne, thanks so much for your detailed description.  Using the packing strips to remove the staples is very clever.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2016, 09:50:55 am »

Urufu, I didn't watch that show so I don't get the joke.  I'll look it up tomorrow at work.

Oh man, I looked everywhere to find a video clip and I'm shocked that it's not out there (my google-fu has failed me). Basically one of the running gags on the show was how crappy his car was, so every once in a while there would be a scene in the living room and you'd hear the sound of a jalopy and Al yelling "No brakes, no brakes!" and a crashing sound from the garage and the family in the living room would gleefully say all together "Daddies home!", lol.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »

Hedgeapple, you can use that method, for a lot of projects.  It's limited to your imagination.  Oh, yeah, Urufu, Good show, with poor ol Al, and his wife peg, and kids, and at the beginning, it shows the fountain downtown, and you hear a toilet flush, and the fountain plume diminishes......

Wayne

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2016, 09:43:57 pm »
Today was a big day with the camper progress.  I added front ledge boards to the shelves this morning before we had to leave for a birthday party.  The new brakes were delivered today. When I got home this afternoon I started putting them on.  I replaced the side that was missing first.  It went smooth.  When I tried taking off the other side one of the bolts was seized up and I ended up rounding the head off.  I didn't have a replacement bolt so I put everything back and left that brake on the trailer.  It was working good anyway.  I was going to replace it with the new one but I'll keep it as a spare instead.  We bled the lines again and then decided to take it for a test drive.  We went to the nearest town and got some gas.  The trailer performed great.  The brakes felt smooth and didn't get hot.  When I stopped I didn't feel the trailer pushing the truck.  It felt like the trailer wasn't even there.  I only got it up to 50 mph because of the winding roads.  I didn't see any problems with anything.  I was very happy with how well the test drive went.  It's finally road worthy!

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2016, 09:52:12 pm »
There's the full draw shot!

COM contender!  Camper of the Month!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2016, 09:56:27 pm »
Thanks JW.  The only thing I don't like about it is the extra tongue length in front of the camper.  I think it would look better if it was 2'-3' shorter. 

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2016, 09:56:34 pm »
Clint, that is awesome!  Looks like a mobile hunting camp.  You ought to have your own reality show.  ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2016, 09:58:29 pm »
that long tongue could accomodate a big tool box...
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2016, 10:02:52 pm »
I've though about making something like that Howard.  I might dig around in the old barns and see if I can find something to make a box in the front.  I'll wait until after the Classic.  I want to see how the tongue weight works out when its fully loaded.

Offline bubby

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
Looking mighty fine Clint, thats a great place in front to store camp items. Easy to get in easy to get out and keeps the camper cleaned up
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2016, 06:49:21 am »
Another project goes in the "completed" column. Congrats, Clint!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2016, 08:19:07 am »
Another project goes in the "completed" column. Congrats, Clint!

Not even close Knoll.  I still have some small stuff to finish up before I head to Pappy Land.  When I get back I will start on the interior.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2016, 12:33:21 pm »
That dude sure looks good! Glad it pulls good for ya. I'm just a tad concerned as to how much of the weight is forward of the axles.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2016, 01:24:12 pm »
Thanks JW.  The only thing I don't like about it is the extra tongue length in front of the camper.  I think it would look better if it was 2'-3' shorter.

Cutting torch and a welder would fix that! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DC

« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2016, 02:00:32 pm »
That dude sure looks good! Glad it pulls good for ya. I'm just a tad concerned as to how much of the weight is forward of the axles.

Patrick

Yeah. Do you have a guess as to tongue weight?  Maybe you could clean up the wheels a bit :-[ :-[  I'm an old hot rodder, if the wheels look good the vehicle looks good. Nothing else matters.