Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88981 times)

Offline TimBo

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2016, 10:02:07 am »
Wow, that's cool!  Would the kind of bolts you use for French doors work to lock the back doors down?  If you had one on the top and bottom of each door, it should be pretty secure.  There may be something similar that would work with a padlock...or maybe if the bolt was big enough, you could drill through it and put a lock through that way.  Anyway, great work so far.

Offline DC

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:12 pm »
If you get a chance to run it over a scale I would be really interested to see what it weighs?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2016, 08:32:00 pm »
Thanks Pappy and Timbo. 

DC, I'm not sure what it will weight.  It's basically a shell.  The inside will be open except for the bed platform.  It can't be to heavy or it would have squatted the utility truck when we pulled it out.

I didn't get much done today.  I was kind of wore out and just couldn't seem to get moving very well.  I got the bed platform screwed down.  I left one section loose so I can access the storage area from the inside.  If I end up using it a lot I'll make the access hatch bigger.  I still need to cut a board for the top of the front section.

I put the cross boards on the back door and added the rusted hasp.  I still need a way to secure the doors to the inside frame to keep them shut tightly.  I picked up a big old wrench from a junk store today.  I have an idea on how to use it for the door latch.

I made the window shutters but couldn't figure out a way to make the hinges work the way I wanted them to.  I gave up and just screwed them to the camper.  I put also put the hasp on the front door.  My to-do list is getting shorter.  It's mostly little things left to get it ready for the road.  I have to work the next 2 days so I'll be able to rest up and be ready to hit it hard on Thursday.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Parnell

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2016, 08:35:45 pm »
Looking great!
1’—>1’

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2016, 08:25:36 am »
That's looking really cool, Clintster.  Can't wait to see it up close and personal.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »
Hey Clint is the RRII going to be like Johnny Cash's cadilac song? Gonna take the whole staff down at the court house to write up a title for it.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:59 pm »
Hey Clint is the RRII going to be like Johnny Cash's cadilac song? Gonna take the whole staff down at the court house to write up a title for it.

Clint being an avid classic country fan would certainly know all the lyrics to Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" song.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2016, 12:00:01 am »
I enjoy some Johnny Cash music Dave.

I've already got the title straightened out on it.  As far as the BMV knows it still looks like this  ;)  I've checked into it.  As long as the camper is removable I can title it as a utility trailer.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2016, 12:24:43 am »
Hey Clint is the RRII going to be like Johnny Cash's cadilac song?
Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" song.

:laugh:       :laugh:       :laugh:       :laugh:       :laugh:       :laugh:       :laugh:
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2016, 06:12:59 am »
That thing sure has come a long ways Clint.

Stringman

« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2016, 08:58:41 am »
Me thinks you're stretchin the "removable" definition...  >:D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2016, 09:05:38 am »
Me thinks you're stretchin the "removable" definition...  >:D

10 minutes with a screw gun and it could be loose.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2016, 10:48:12 am »
10 minutes with a sawsall and any camper could be loose, lol  >:D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2016, 02:27:52 pm »
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2016, 10:36:42 pm »
I left work a few hours early today so I could get the camper sealed up before the storms and rain roll through tonight and tomorrow.  I caulked all around the edges of the roof, windows, and doors.  I used 5 tubes of caulking.  I picked up a gallon of mis-tinted wood sealer at Lowes for $9 a while back.  It had a very light tan color to it.  I tested it out on a scrap of siding and liked how it looked.  I used a spray gun to put a coat on the barn siding.  I was happy with the results.  In the picture I've sprayed the left half of the camper.  It was getting dark when I finished so I couldn't get a good picture of it done.