Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88924 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2016, 09:08:04 pm »
Cool looking doors Clint...just don't put a cresent moon on it...:) ;)
DBar

That would be funny
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Stringman

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2016, 07:44:49 am »
You might consider putting a couple access doors in those 1x12's. It would be handy if you aren't hauling Osage and use that area for storage.

I'm going to hing the the top of the bed frame to allow access into the storage area.  I want the front to be secure to keep anything from sliding forward.

Even better!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:27 am »
I'm loving this build Clint, you're doing a great job, you can tell you have put a lot of thought and time into this.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2016, 08:49:15 am »
Looking good Clint. Liking everything about this build, especially the barn look.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2016, 10:11:21 am »
Thanks Aaaaaron.  I get a little obsessed with projects like this.  It's all I think about.  I was sketching out plans for it all winter.  My job is kind of boring so I have plenty of time to do research online.  When I built that small box camper last year this is actually what I wanted to build.  I just didn't have the time or the trailer for it.   

Thanks PNewton

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2016, 10:19:43 am »
Just imagine how the next one is gonna turn out!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2016, 10:29:38 am »
I'm not sure if there will be a next one.  I'm building this one to fit my needs and look exactly like I want it to.  But you never know.  My needs might change in a few years.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:57 pm »
I started putting the metal on this afternoon.  Trying to put corrugated metal on a curved surface that's slightly less than square has been a challenge.  I am going to put more screws in it after its all down.  I need to trim up the edges a little also.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2016, 12:49:08 am »

The first picture of the trailer tongue, looks like a bat, with the bolt being the eye, and the brace being the wings....... Just my imaginative carving eye.  That system looks like toast.  That love mobile is looking good!
                                    Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2016, 01:00:28 am »

Just a suggestion, I would put a big dab of silicone in the screw holes, then screw it down.  Same in the front, rear, and top trim.  What kind of finish are you going to use on the boards?  Have you thought about the West System?  It is expensive, but very hard, and durable, as it is used in the boating industry.  Also it will seal the spaces, in between the boards.  You could put a sheet of FG cloth on it, and brush on the West System, and it will be clear, and you can still see the wood, and the grain, etc.  That thing is looking prettier and prettier, each photo session.  Next project, redneck, Motor Coach! ;) ;) :D

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2016, 08:14:35 am »
That is looking good Clint, can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »
Man Clint you have put the work into the Ramada. Your gonna turn heads when your pulling it to the classic

Offline stickbender

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »

When you finish it, you need to put a "Mail Pouch", or Bull of the Woods, chewing tobacco ad on it. ;)  Looking good! 8)

Wayne

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:51 am »
So many reasons why I am hurting inside for not being able to attend this year's Classic and not seeing to check out the new Ramada is one of them.  I give you much respect for your ambitious efforts.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2016, 09:18:12 pm »
Thank you Joe.  You will be missed at the Classic this year.  I enjoyed the time I got to spend visiting with you last year.

Stickbender, I think I'm going to put a coat of polyurethane on the siding when I'm all done.  It only has to be water resistant for a couple of weeks out of the year.  The rest of the time it will be stored under a roof or indoors.  I've thought about finding an old sign or something to hang on the outside.

Thanks Pappy and Gutshot

I didn't get much done on it today.  I had to skin out a bunch of beaver tails and a few snakes this morning and that took longer than I expected.  I painted the underneath side of the deck boards with some industrial epoxy paint.  When I put the deck down it was cold outside and I wasn't thinking about the carpenter bees boring into the bottom of it.  If I was smart I would have painted the boards before bolting them down.  That would have been easier than crawling under it with a paint brush.  I'm hoping the thick layer of paint keeps them from boring holes.   

I spent a while staring at the door opening trying to figure out the best way to make the door.  I think I have it figured out.  I'm going to start on it tomorrow.  I went to the barn that I got the siding from and gathered up some old rusty hinges.  They should match the siding perfectly.  My Dad donated a couple old padlocks to the project.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the one cleaned up or not.  It has some corrosion on it.