Author Topic: Osage short-ish pulled far-ish for me *braced/unbraced added  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Aaron H

Re: Osage short-ish pulled far-ish for me
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 09:16:51 am »
That's a sweet bend, congrats on your milestone achievement.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:26 am »
That's a pretty backdrop for your full draw photo, where at in Kansas are you?

Offline rps3

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 09:39:53 am »
Braced and unbraced picture would cross the t's and dot the I's, but even without them it looks like you got everything out of this one.

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 10:29:37 am »
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate the compliments. I'll get a braced and unbraced profile tonight if I make it home before dark, and if not I don't work tomorrow so I'll get em up then. The limbs took very little set, but it took some in the handle area when I tried to push the design too heavy. After heat treating it and shooting it in a little around 75ish at 26" the outers were too stiff and it stressed the handle area.

By the end of that afternoon outing I could feel the handle flexing too much. That provoked the second retiller and I thought what the heck, hasn't blown up yet, might as well go to 28". I took it slow and got em bending better and let it become whatever weight it wanted to be. Turned out 67#. I'm just happy and fortunate it survived the abuse. Osage is tough stuff. I'm pleased with the performance and put  about 1,000 arrows through it. Here's to hoping for a million more lol!

Aaron I'm not Kansas anymore. I moved to Southeast Nebraska out in the sticks West of Omaha.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline make-n-break

Re: Osage short-ish pulled far-ish for me *braced/unbraced added
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 11:38:46 am »
As promised. The braced photo is upside down. The limb with the bowyer's knot is the bottom.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline rps3

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 12:06:51 pm »
I think it looks perfect, now the real challenge is being consistently accurate with such a shorty at that draw length. Have fun with it!

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:17 pm »
The f/d is as beautiful it can be. Great bow!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Parnell

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 12:38:11 pm »
I love your full draw photo.  Nice tiller and great backdrop.
1’—>1’