Author Topic: A few shop picures.  (Read 3709 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: A few shop picures.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 07:55:38 pm »
Do you use a belt sander or band saw in there?  Those two tools are the biggest dust producers in my garage.  I wish I had a concrete pad in front of the garage so I could roll them outside to use.  It would keep the dust out of my garage.  I wonder if you could build a small platform just out the door and do the same thing. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »
Thanks, guys.

That may be a good idea, PD.

Clint, i haven't been making sawdust in there yet and plan on doing most of that under the outside overhang.  I'll roll out the bandsaw from the cargo doors like your seeing.  It should be real easy to clean the thing out with a blower.  Biggest thing right now is the humidity, but I found a cheap dehumidification system and it should be much better when I install a window for some air flow.  i wonder how much stuff like keeping bags of charcoal would help to lower it.  i'll find out...
1’—>1’

Offline bow101

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »
Shop looks good, nice layout.
Seriously tell me something about these Containers.  Do they Breathe.?  Hence if there is no air circulation that is a bad thing.  I know a lot people are building homes from them.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 11:28:37 pm »
  I've helped someone do that before. There really hot.

Cut a hole for your AC thats a must.  But they can be made theif proff.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:28 am »
Looks good.  I'm not terribly fond of the stacking idea, sooner or later stairs become a nuisance, but it looks like you have enough room to put another next to it
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 09:27:06 am »
Bow101, no they do not breathe.  I'm definitely putting in a door and window and a/c unit.  Also, I have a dehumidifaction system.  It'll be fine with the work done but as is they are a death trap.  I'll admit at first going into it I found it kinda creepy to consider being trapped in one.
Turns out, a field mouse got inside of it and I'd shut the doors.  It tried to claw its way out but no go.  I found it dead.

Hence, the name of the shop is the Mouse Trap.
1’—>1’