Author Topic: OJAM 2016? 3 Arrow Launch War Bow Video pg 8  (Read 29696 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: When is OJAM 2016?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 10:03:53 pm »
Soooo thankful that I packed 2 sleeping bags. Will post some pics tomorrow.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 03:23:38 pm »
Yep it was a cold one for sure but at least it was a dry cold.

Offline jimmy

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 06:13:09 pm »
Another fine Ojam rendezvous.  Good to see all my redneck archery peers again (Danny, John and Toby, Rocky, Kenny), great to meet new people (sleek, lebhuntfish, Knoll, onebowwonder).  Sorry if I missed anyone.  I wish there was more opportunities to shoot without paying money (perhaps expanded and/or more field targets), but still a blast none the less.  The bon fire Friday night was epic.  I think we might be getting a reputation down there for knowing how to have a good time! 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:20:39 pm by jimmy »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
Another fine Ojam rendezvous.  The bon fire Friday night was epic.  I think we might be getting a reputation down there for knowing how to have a good time!

Ya think?
 :)    :D    :)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline sleek

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »
Now why would that be?

Great meating you too bud!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
Good meeting you to Jimmy! You and your guitar would be welcome at any campfire! Yeah Friday night was epic in more ways that one. You should load up that guitar and head to  mojam in July.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »
Yes for sure please do! Sorry to crash your musical genius with my out of key vocals.... but between the energy of your music and the encouragement of the mason jars passed, I had no inhabitions. Zero.  Perhaps next time I will bring an instrument I know how to play.... if I can find one.  Probably a drum..... soon as learn to keep a beat. I will start with learning to clap my hands.

Offline JonW

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »
It seems like a good time was had by all. I was stoked to get to see my friends and have some fun. Glad everyone made it home safe. Danny called me from the woods. He and Rocky were out shooting the bow I gave him. I think all are accounted for.

Offline sleek

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 09:47:17 pm »
Danny and Rocky are two crazy and cool cats. Glad everyone made it home ok.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:27 pm »
Yeah they are Kevin!

We all made it home safely. Broke the curse of the flying plywood! Thank God!  :laugh:

Thank you to Danny and Rocky for sharing their fire and their camp. Thank you to John, John's brother (sorry I don't remember his name) and Eric for the amazing food and the smooth libations!

The time I spent at OJAM was completely an "in the moment"  time. I brought stuff to work on but never touched a thing I brought.  I didn't get the opportunity to help my good friends with some of their bowes and a new friend with his first bow. Got to visit with some of the boyscouts an organization that I hold dear to my heart. I learned a few things and shared some knowledge of my own.

It never gets old meeting up with friends I never knew that I had.

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline J05H

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2016, 06:09:24 pm »
Where are all the picture?!
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline sleek

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 06:18:53 pm »
Dont think anyone had time. Too much drinking and shooting to do. Though Eric does have a video of me shooting three arrows at once out of my sapwood osage war bow.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
I've always heard no pic's it didn't haaaaaapen..........Come on Mike!
Where's the pic's?
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline jimmy

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2016, 11:21:25 am »
I'll try to post some pics of my boys shooting.  As for the night time activities....don't have and pics.  It's better that there is no evidence.  It's the stuff that legends are made of, best left to memories.  ;)

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:01 pm »
I have a couple of night time pictures that's non incriminating.  I'll try to post them tonight.

Patrick