Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Broad head flight arrows?

<< < (2/3) > >>

avcase:
Yes, the minimum arrow weight is regulated. Per the current rules, you can shoot any weight broadhead arrow you want as long as it is 500 or more grains. It simplifies the certification of the equipment and represents a realistic average hunting weight arrow.

A 10 grains per pound requirement could complicate the process, especially when a competitor learns that their bow gained draw weight in the dry Salt Flats climate.  A fixed grains per pound also makes it very difficult for a person with a short draw length to be competitive in the unlimited draw weight category. With the 500 grain minimum, a short draw person can make up for their lack of draw length with higher draw weights.

Alan

loefflerchuck:
Thanks guys

PatM:
No arrow length maximum regulations?

Badger:

--- Quote from: PatM on January 29, 2016, 10:35:01 pm ---No arrow length maximum regulations?

--- End quote ---

Nope, I usually shoot 28", last year I stretched out to 29" and have been considering going to 30". We had bad conditions last year so I didn't get the benefits of the longer draw.

Selfbowman:
Steve teach me something here. So if you shoot a fifty pound bow at 28" it's ok to draw the same bow to 30". I must  be wrong in what I just ask. Help the dummy Steve.
Arvin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version