Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Broad head flight arrows?

<< < (3/3)

Badger:
  Arvin, the bow has to way 50# where the back of the broadhead contacts the back of the bow, doesn't matter how far you draw as long as it does not exceed 50# at that draw length. Last year I shot 50# at 29" for instance.

avcase:
How draw weight is measured at these competitions is a pretty important detail to understand. As Steve stated, draw weight is measured using your longest arrow. The broadhead must be mounted horizontal and the weight will be taken at the point the rear of the broadhead touches the bow back at the arrow pass. the draw weight will be measured on a certified scale.  Fortunately, my personal digital scale usually measures within a pound of the certified scale, but I used to have an old spring scale that would be lucky to read within 5lb of the certified scale.

If you happen to have broadhead arrows too long for the desired draw weight, we have allowed the archer to fasten a block of wood to the front of the handle to stop the draw early.

Alan

sleek:
I very strongly suspect a longer arrow will fly further than a shorter arrow of the same weight. It has to do with the standing wave in front of the arrow. Tje longer the arrow the longer the wave length, less energy lost in flight. A long wave length is lower energy than a short one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version