Author Topic: Millswamp Indian Horses Event  (Read 1370 times)

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
Millswamp Indian Horses Event
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:08 pm »
Hey guys.  I know I havnt been as active on here as I have in the past but I still check in from time to time.  My third son was born 15 months ago so we stay busy :).  I just wanted to put this out there.  I know this is a great forum with tons of people who love to help out good causes. 

In mid march there will be a charity event with a silent auction to support Mill Swamp Indian Horses in Smithfield VA.  The mission of this horse farm is to preserve strains of spanish horses that were brought to America and are almost extinct.  Mainly Corolla horses from Corolla NC along with others.  There is not a single quarter horse on this farm.  Please visit the farm website to learn more. http://www.msindianhorses.com
There is only one other horse farm/breeding program like this I believe.  So any donations you guys may have for the silent auction would be greatly appreciated.  Any type of craft that someone may be interested in.  Last year they had drawings, paintings, throws/blankets, shirts etc.  Pretty much anything.  All proceeds go to the horse farm. 

Anyone interested can PM me or text me at 757-710-6966. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:38:07 am by CherokeeKC »
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
Re: Donations for a good cause
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »
Im going to make a couple authentic arrows and maybe something else i can come up with.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
Re: Millswamp Indian Horses Event
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:42:49 am »
Ill offer to pay shipping on any items that someone may have to donate to the auction.  Anything at all is accepted.  I will post pictures of the event and will put the persons name and that it was donated through primitive archer.  This program is more than just a horse lot.  Many young kids are part of the program and they learn to ride and train horses, repair fenses and take part in different projects at the farm.  They are taught the rewards of hard work and being a part of a good cause.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:46:19 am »
The owner is trying to establish it as a self sustaining program but right now he still has to pay around $1000 a month out of pocket for feed, hay etc.  He works full time as a county prosecuter and spends all his free time at the farm training horses and teaching kids.  I will try and get some pictures of the horse lot to post up.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:48:39 am »
This is the latest email sent out a out the event.
Dear Mill Swamp families and friends,

As many of you know we are having a Fundraising Event on Saturday, March 19th to raise money for MSIH/GFF programs, services and conservation efforts!   We had our very first event 2.5 years ago and with a lot help from those actively involved with MSIH/GFF and other supporters, we had a very successful event.  We anticipate another memorable event this year.  Planning and preparing for such events require countless hours and we need all of you to be involved, especially in selling tickets.  We are asking that each family commit to a minimum of selling 5 tickets @ $25 each.  Laura Heard will be at the horse lot this Friday and Saturday mornings (1/29 & 1/30) from 9-9:30 AM to distribute tickets and flyers.  Each family will be financially responsible for their tickets and any unsold tickets shall be returned to Laura Heard.  Our goal is to have all 150 tickets sold by February 29th.  

Further ticket details:

Advance ticket sales, only!

Tickets may also be purchased online @ http://shop.msindianhorses.com/products/fundraiser-event-ticket. All online ticket purchases will be waiting for you at "will call" the night of the event. 

This is the event link on the MSIH website http://msindianhorses.com/events/ and the event is posted on our FB page.

If you need additional tickets or have questions regarding tickets, please contact Laura Heard at laurafheard@gmail.comor (757)365-0109. 

We fully expect the event to to sell out, so we suggest getting your tickets early.  We have a fantastic evening planned of fun and fellowship complete with BBQ and the fixings. Plus, there will be wonderful silent auction items, a raffle and--last but not least--great musical entertainment!  But please keep in mind our end goal is to raise money for MSIH/GFF, so please share with your friends and family to bring their cash or checkbooks to the event.   Also, we are very happy to take donations for those that are unable to attend the event but would still like to support MSIH/GFF.

If you or someone you know has products or services that they would like to donate for the Silent Auction, please contact Terry O'boyle, Silent Auction Chair,  by emailing her:   tboyle.iwca@gmail.com.   We are still looking for some great auction items for minimum bid values of $25 up to $100.

Thank you for supporting MSIH!

Shelley Spears & Laura Heard

Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 01:19:43 pm »
Dang 194 views and no responses.  Figured at least one person had something laying around collecting dust or at least a response.
Aim Small...Hit Small