Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 704109 times)

Offline ajooter

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #1935 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:20 am »
Either or gut...both are gorgeous.   You could probably split them and have enough skins for two bows.

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #1936 on: March 13, 2016, 10:49:14 am »
Both skins look good Gutshot.

Jeff - those bows are looking nice,  you might have to flip a coin to see which one goes where!  :laugh:

PlanB - Sounds like a bag target.  Mine do that after a while too.  I flip them over and stomp them a bit - it helps for awhile.  One side have 5 bullseyes so I try to shoot at different ones too.  Got to get my money worth!

Still shooting my hackberry trade bow - not taking any additional set and shooting real nice.  Just started tillering the trilam - will see how that goes!
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #1937 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:19 am »
Hey thanks MWosborn, I'll try that with the target!

Can't comment on the snake skins -- was hoping not to get one! I used to keep them as pets as a kid and wanted to grow up to be a herpetologist so it has the same appeal for me as a dog skin covered bow. :laugh: One exception might be an invasive Burmese python skin from south Florida -- they're eating up all kinds of wildlife there, mammals, alligators, and snakes, too, with a population explosion pretty much unchecked. Maybe bowyers could help that situation with those snake skins. Video:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/invasion-of-the-giant-pythons-video-full-episode/5565/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:57:29 am by PlanB »
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #1938 on: March 13, 2016, 12:27:36 pm »
Jeff, it looks like both bows are getting there. I might have some rawhide if you don't find anything. Mine isn't as clean as some I've had.

Gutshot, either skin would be nice. I personally have never used one yet although I have a couple. Guess I'm waiting for a really snaky stave to use them on. I work mostly with osage and like the character of the wood too much to cover it with skins.

I'm currently helping clean up a friends estate that his son is burdened with. That sounds bad but anyone who has had to go through it knows what I'm talking about. Lot's of items to get rid of. My buddy was a hoarder of things.

I'll be busy with ebay, craig's list and possibly auction in the next few weeks and will still be working on a couple, three of these bows.

Anyone who is ready to ship can let me know and we'll see where everyone stands.

I need to get in touch with a handful of those that haven't been active to see how far along they are. If you are concerned or need help just shoot me a PM.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #1939 on: March 13, 2016, 12:51:16 pm »
Fred  are you thinking about bumping the shipment date up? I'll be ready in 2-3 weeks

Offline half eye

« Reply #1940 on: March 13, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »
My victim's bow is ready whenever the trade decides to ship.
rich

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #1941 on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »
Shipment date is still by Aug. 15th but if both you and your victim are done I don't have a problem with shipping early. Anytime is fine by me. I just don't want someone receiving a bow that hasn't shown any progress on their own commitment. And because you don't know who's building for you I'd just as soon you run it by me before you ship. Does that make sense to you guys?

So try to keep me up to date when your done.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #1942 on: March 13, 2016, 05:03:21 pm »
Here's my plan A . The one i gave up on. Hackberry 64"ttt 51#@28". Top limb is a lil wonky and a touch of the flip tip pulled out. But let me tell ya this baby is one smooth shooter, like butterto draw and zero hand bump. I draw 27" and it's #48. Top limb has about 1/2" set and bottom has about 1" set, but tips are still above handle. It takes some set after un stringing but always comes back. Tell me what ya'll think.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #1943 on: March 13, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »
A couple more
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline half eye

« Reply #1944 on: March 13, 2016, 05:10:52 pm »
Yep.....no doubt about it sir......that has got to go to the deer woods. Anybody should be real proud to take that bow hunting. 8)
rich

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1945 on: March 13, 2016, 05:11:55 pm »
Very nice Stix!!!
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #1946 on: March 13, 2016, 06:00:28 pm »
Stix you can build another one if you need the practice or want to but that one would be more than welcome at my door. Good Job!!!

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #1947 on: March 13, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »
That's a beauty stix! And sounds like a great bow to shoot. Thumbs up!
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #1948 on: March 13, 2016, 06:09:15 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna have to get on it. I've got a few roughed out ready to be tillered. And a couple staves picked out ready to mess with. I've about got everything caught up on after a couple of months with no free time to work on much. 1 more bow to make for a professor, the first one started to delaminates at about 24" draw. Then I gotta clean out a shed and I'll be ready to attack the bows with minimal distraction. Atleast the down time from building has given the sknew backed ERC plenty of time to dry, though the sinew did try ripping apart one limb.

Kyle

Offline ajooter

« Reply #1949 on: March 13, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »
Nice bow stix...I'd take it!