Author Topic: Visitors  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Visitors
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:08 am »
Looky who came by to visit a few nights ago. Wonder if they will be around for the camp-o-rama next weekend...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:50:12 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Visiters
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:57:49 am »
May want to bring bear bags along to the "rama"!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:33 am »
That's cool Pat
I'm thinking momma and cub?
A little bird seed would keep them happy.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:38:42 am »
Yummy! :P Bear steak with Horse radish sauce.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 03:15:57 pm »
Amen to that Eddie! Cool pic Pat!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Visitors
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 06:00:17 pm »
Don, I don't feed the birds in the summer and these guys are one good reason not to. The rough spot at the base of the tree in the foreground is a 20 year old salt lick. I didn't add salt this past year but after 20 years of 100# a year I think there is plenty of residual salt there anyway. This area around the salt lick has become a main crossroads of game trails. It's about 100 yards from my house.
 Yeah I think it is Momma and a yearling, maybe this years cub. My 25ac backs up to a green area of a 4000ac development. Birdseed is a main summer food source for bears and the all 1000 residents in Connestee Falls have birdfeeders.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 07:40:13 pm »
Pat, I had a sow in the backyard a week ago, she definitely had a little attitude going on, I believe she had a cub up a tree she kept going back to it and when I hollered she didn't run off, I got the dog gathered up and just left her alone, She was a poppin her jaws earlier so I gave some room, First one I ever had that didn't run after seeing me. Bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »
Bob, these bears around here always run off when they see us.  A few years ago I was walking down the driveway with Sister, the shepherd/akita we had and Sister bowed up and started barking. I looked up and about 50' in front of us was a sow and 3 cubs. She huffed and ran up the hill to her right and the cubs followed. Sister, on the other hand decided to run home leaving me to fend for myself.  :o

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 08:31:46 pm »
That's a cool picture Pat.  Sounds like you need a braver dog. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:31 am »
Nice - great neighbors ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 08:10:36 am »
Cool pics Pat.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JEB

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:06:44 pm »
Thanks for the photo Pat. I love watching Bear in the wild. Problem with Michigan is the lottery system for hunting tags.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »
No lottery here on bear hunting but most folks use dogs, a tradition in this area. I've just never had an urge to hunt bears.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
Last evening I was headed out to water the garden
and across the holler was a big boar (I think, no cubs).
 I filmed him on 8mm as he walked  out in the field for
a  hundred yard. Wish my digital camara was working.
It's been dry and I think he was river bound.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.