Author Topic: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 63441 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2016, 04:00:50 pm »

Danzn Bar (Bill), contemplating the mysteries of the universe in between targets.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2016, 04:06:10 pm »

Ozzy on his 3rd scrape. He has a sneer hidden by his manly beard as Indiana beats Big Blue on the radio. He's still an alright guy.  .  . for a Yankee.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2016, 04:08:19 pm »

Outlaw with his concealed carry bow.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »
That's all of the pictures, but man, what some memories!  Dave hosted another great one. Thanks Dave (Chief Blue Feather).

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2016, 04:49:29 pm »
That's all of the pictures, but man, what some memories!  Dave hosted another great one. Thanks Dave (Chief Blue Feather).
Good old Chief Blue Feather
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2016, 05:20:40 pm »
Chief Blue Feather of the Ausage Moontree Tribe! Helluva host and a many thanks for the opportunity to meet some great talented folks!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »
Had a great time! I haven't eaten or slept that good in a long time. Dave, thanks again for hosting and for allowing Ozzy, Clint, and myself to stay after the IU game. It was some honestly great food and great laughs and I'm a little closing to finishing a bow.
I did get pics of Daniel grafting some seedlings which was very cool.

Tracy
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:04:27 pm by TRACY »
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2016, 07:04:51 pm »
Chief Blue Feather of the Ausage Moontree Tribe! Helluva host and a many thanks for the opportunity to meet some great talented folks!
;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »
What a perfect weekend!  After a long winter it was nice to spend time shooting, working, visiting, and eating with a great group of guys.
Thanks for hosting this event Dave, AKA Chief Blue Feather ( a bunch of blue feathers  ;D  I appreciate all the hard work you do in getting everything set up for us. Thanks to everyone who pitched in on the meals.  The food was outstanding.

Greg going deep into a briar patch for an arrow with Paul and Dave watching.

Ozzie helping to split an elm log.

The elm put up a fight.

An hour later

The basketball game wasn't the only time a Hoosier tamed a wildcat this weekend.

Ozzie studying the target

Taking careful aim

I think you can figure out how his shot turned out

Bill and Joe getting some work done in the shop

Greg spent most of the weekend trying to get a hickory bow bending.  That is going to be a hard shooting bow.

Tracy teaching Daniel what to do with holey stave

Ozzie celebrating the IU victory

Tracy hard at work on a nice osage bow

Greg sawing on his hickory bow and Ozzie helping out.

Greg preparing lunch

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
Awesome pictures, Guys.  Thanks for pulling up my slack as a photographer.

Greg, do just love laying out a bow and hated tillering one?  "Cause you left that hickory bow in my workshop.  Second year in a row you left a roughed out bow at the Gathering.  Or, are just hoping I'll finish this out for you, too? 

The only work I did in the shop this weekend was re-attaching some points and cussing them blue feathers that just wouldn't laying in the clamp for me.   >:(  Thanks, Tracy for taming those rascally blue feathers for me.

After a much needed nap, I went out to the workshop to piddle around a bit.  I swear that little workshop has a good vibe about it, especially after friends have been creating primitive art there and leaving their energy in it.  Being exhausted from the weekend, I felt the rejuvenated working in the shop this evening where only a few hours ago friends and talented bothers-of-the-bow had followed their passion.  Memories of the weekend flooded my soul. While you guys express your honest appreciation of me hosting this event, I an the one who is blessed for the "privilege" to have you in home and my life.  Thank you.

The work I did in the shop this evening was to put that little "S" shape osage and red oak kid bow on a caul to heat in some reflex
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Arrowbuster

« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2016, 10:10:54 pm »
Very good time I will be there next year if Dave will have me. Great bunch of guys.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2016, 10:29:24 pm »
Very good time I will be there next year if Dave will have me. Great bunch of guys.

Glad you could make it.  I hope next year you will be able to stay for the weekend.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2016, 10:31:37 pm »

Ozzie it was nice to meet you and had a good time splitting them staves with you.

Bill also nice to meet you to. I showed that pic to my girl of the mini feather bow. She loved it.

Joe kydeptf&w nice to see you again and can't wait to see what you make out of that percimon.

Joe Balsatech glad to do some trading with ya wish we could've shot a round of arrows together

Tracy nice to get to talk to you again and Marcus was disappointed that he didn't get to make it to break rocks with you.

Greg thanks for the Osage and my buddy wanted me to tell you he appreciated the beaver furs.

Clint thanks for the trades I've already got a maple down to floor tiller that one of those tiger snakes is going on. Also appreciate you bringing the hackberry logs to split. The Elm well glad to help split it too but dang that was a tough one.

Dave (blue feather) from the Ausage Tribe. Man you know how to put on a MoonTree Gathering like no other. I had a blast! Just wish I could've got to stay the night and spend Saturday with you guys too. Hopefully next year nothing major happens and I can stay for 2 days. Also I'll see if I can't stock up on a bunch of strippers to fry next year for supper. Lol. Thanks again for opening up your nice farm and shop and house to allow all of us to come in and have a great time.
There's a few I forgot to mention just can't remember the names but do remember the faces. Had a good time talking and shooting with you guys too.

UNTIL NEXT MOONTREE

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »
Greg, do just love laying out a bow and hated tillering one?  "Cause you left that hickory bow in my workshop.  Second year in a row you left a roughed out bow at the Gathering.  Or, are just hoping I'll finish this out for you, too? 

Dad gum it!  Certainly not intentional Dave, but not surprising either. Kick it in a corner somewhere.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2016, 11:33:04 pm »

Dad gum it!  Certainly not intentional Dave, but not surprising either. Kick it in a corner somewhere.

Now you have another reason to come up in August for the Rifle Shoot.  OH, did you get your folding table out of the closet in the carport?  Just thought of that one.

In case I forgot to invite some of you, I'll be having a Rifle Shoot August 5,6 and 7. 

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw