Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Flight archery festival, Poland

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lukasz Nawalny:
It is some shock for me number of archers and countries. 2 years ago me and few friends go shoot on field near my village house ;) I see that people in Europe want shoot flight. I think for 90 % from those archers its just fun, something new and interesting, For very few is pure sport competition. What will happen in a few years I realy dont know ;)

Badger:
   My bet is that it will continue to grow. The Europeans seem more intune to it than they do here for some reason.

joachimM:
Well, at least for me archery is not about hunting. Hunting is experienced very differently in Europe for a lot of reasons (much less game as there's much less wild nature), and bowhunting is illegal in many countries (the reasons are a bit stupid though).

So people that are into archery are mostly target shooters. And if that's not your cup of tea, there is still flight shooting.
As for bowyers: there's a much bigger challenge (and easier to measure target) in making flight bows than there is to making target bows. There's no class for primitive target bows either in competition (or not that I know of). So I guess the lure of flight shooting is a lot bigger over here.

Lukasz Nawalny:
I know that rules are not classic but I made it for one reason.  I have made primitive bows many years and always I heard that laminated are faster, better then wooden bows or hornbows. There is finally oppurtunity see how it looks. When arrows and bowstring are theseme , bow is only differend factor. It is very exciting for all.  10 years ago primitive archery was in Poland not popular, now it looks much better. We have a lot great selfbow bowyers. In this year comes to us great horbowyer from Itay Francesco Alessi , he cross 300 fps on his hornbows. Im sure be interesting tournament

mikekeswick:
If I had a decent bow ready I would be tempted to come. My flight bows won't be ready until August.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version