Author Topic: Least Favorite Task  (Read 1651 times)

Offline bow101

Least Favorite Task
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:44 pm »
In order of do not care less what task you prefer first over other archery building paraphernalia.

-Building bows
-Shooting
-Camaraderie
hunting have not done that yet;  but spent a lot of hours outdoors so it be right up right up there.

..............arrow building is at the bottom of the scale of things to do. >:D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Least Favorite Task
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:32:49 am »
I can't hunt in the Uk.
String making and arrow making are my least fave'
But it all has some sort of charm.
Best is the feel of a drawknife or spokeshave on seasoned wood :)... the first shot is good too, especially when the bow doesn't explode ::)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:57:04 am »
Making strings the least/then arrows now at the top camaraderie/Hunting/Bow building/shooting but even then they all have there place and find there way to the top from time to time, just depending on my mood.  ;) Right now it's hunting and making ax handles. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:04:14 am »
Making strings the least/then arrows now at the top camaraderie/Hunting/Bow building/shooting but even then they all have there place and find there way to the top from time to time, just depending on my mood.  ;) Right now it's hunting and making ax handles. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
You got it right there Pappy... the secret of a happy life! Enjoy the task you are doing.
Del
(even if it's the one Mrs Cat says I gotta do  ::) ;) )
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 06:16:10 am »
I hate having to pack to go hunting. After all these years you would think it would be easy but it just gets more difficult. I believe it is a disorder of some sort. Being in hunt camp and anticipating the fun that comes with it, is my favorite thing. Pity you can't have one without the other.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 07:30:11 am »
I hate having to pack to go hunting. After all these years you would think it would be easy but it just gets more difficult. I believe it is a disorder of some sort. Being in hunt camp and anticipating the fun that comes with it, is my favorite thing. Pity you can't have one without the other.
I made a list of every item I took so that the next year I just fill the list. It only took 30 years to figure it out lol.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 08:01:13 am »
I use a master list and minor lists. It is the actual filling the list on the day to leave or day before that I hate. Once on the road I am OK.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 10:39:48 am »
I use a master list and minor lists. It is the actual filling the list on the day to leave or day before that I hate. Once on the road I am OK.
yes I am with you on that
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!