Author Topic: Looking for a child's bow  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Ranasp

Looking for a child's bow
« on: December 06, 2015, 02:52:52 pm »
I've recently joined the local SCA group and while at an archery event a family that joined after I did said their son is interested in taking up archery (he's about 8 or so).  I thought it would be a good idea to find out if anyone has a child's bow that has been outgrown and is looking for a home so they know what kind of options they have.  As for what I have in trade, I'm not sure what anyone is interested in.  I do some leatherworking so I have veg tanned leather in different sizes and quality, some excellent Horween leather, or I can make something in exchange.  I have some indian head pennies and liberty dimes that have been domed out and glued to snaps and made into bracelets, I put one in an attachment.

In any case, message me and we can work things out.

Offline half eye

Re: Looking for a child's bow
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 05:53:16 pm »
Always happy to get a young person started. What style bow do you want?  You cover the postage and I'll make the bow free.
rich
rousseau.rd@att.net
(231) 587-8542

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:25:27 am »
Rich, that's incredibly generous of you!  Let me talk to the family and see what they have to say.  Are you more comfortable with certain types?  This being for the SCA, pretty much any simple bow is accepted.

Offline warpath

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:20:37 am »
Ranasp- I was Queen's Champion of the East Kingdom from '06-'07 and also was an archery marshall. I'll give you the same deal as Halfeye. Cover shipping and I'll happily make an all wood youth longbow for the kid. Just message me with specs and I'll take it from there.

G-Monee!!  >:D

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »
Woah man, I'm trying to resist being greedy and accepting all offers just so I can see what everyone comes up with!  ;D