Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Harry Drake record yew bow

<< < (2/11) > >>

Badger:
    I have a bow right now, that is about 58" long with the short tight statics that I am getting very good speeds out of, up to 300 fps at about 54#. I have yet to get a clean shot out of it though. I have been shooting it with 200 grain arrows and about 250 fps, it should be good for well over 400 yards but I am getting just a little over 300 with it.

Interesting topic is limb cross section. Thick limbs tend to be more efficient but degrade more quickly than wide flat limbs. I am leaning now toward a wide flat but very short working area tapering to a thick longer static area like the Mollagabet styles. The short static curves really seem to shine with the light arrows.

PatM:
Why not just stick a little overdraw on and use a lighter, shorter arrow? That will  likely tell us a lot about those records that have blurry details.
 I have a short static that I'm working on that is designed along the principles of using what has already been proven to work.

Badger:
  We can't use overdraws and minimum arrow length is 23".

PatM:
I'm fully aware of that. I meant  to see if that's the part that let those records be so superior. Surely  Harry wasn't using a full length or even 23" arrow weighing 140 grains.

Badger:
      I would love to dry and duplicate that shot. I don't know of anyone who has enough info on it to make that possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version