Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Harry Drake record yew bow

<< < (9/11) > >>

avcase:
Tuuuka,
For awhile, a separate set of records were kept for the mail-in tournaments, but that was dropped after the records for the mail-in tournaments started to far exceed the official tournament records. It also led to endless arguments about methods of measurement or accusations of exaggerations.  Drake wrote about how he would lose to some of the east coast competitors by a hundred yards or more, but then easily beat the same shooters by the same margin at a national tournament.

That's good info on Homer Prouty. Where did you find these results?

Alan

Badger:
  I was just speaking to David Hayes about the records of past flight shoots. He has the results of every shoot since the 1950's I wuld love to go through those old records.

avcase:
Steve,
Lynn has Ike's old results and record books. We ought to see if we can find a little time to digitally archive it and make it available through the flight web site.  I have some scattered results and records lists going back through the mid-1960's that I could scan already.  It is probably 100 pages of material. The hard part is finding specific documentation on the equipment used.

Alan

Badger:
  Allen, I wouldn't mind retyping it all or scanning it if it is in good condition.

redhawk55:
Would appreciate it very much if you could find some time to have a closer look at those papers.
The figures could give us a closer idea of what is possible.
Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version