Author Topic: A Classic experiment  (Read 26137 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: A Classic experiment
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 07:15:46 am »
Yall be sure and let me know if this is still on and where we want the pit/size and depth and anything else I need to know to have it ready. Just a little over a month till the fire gets started. ???

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 04:03:29 pm »
Not real sure who's all still interested, but I will be sending some rock and I have some from Joe. Pappy, if you'll give us your address we can send it ahead and it will be ready for Eddie when he gets there. Anyone else who wants to, can send their rock ahead or plan on being there Monday when Eddie builds the pit. That will give it 3 days to work and we can open it on Thursday in front of a bigger crowd. Whatever gets pulled from the ground can be worked in the pit and hopefully we can have some nice pieces to fill a display box for the raffle table.

Won't be long now!!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09:20 pm »
Eddie was still talking about this when I saw him last week.  I'm planning on arriving Thursday, this year.  I'm going to talk to him and see if I can contribute.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 05:30:27 am »
Cool , wondered if this was still on. Mark P. Baggett / 4435 Ashland city Rd. Clarksville, TN. 37043.
I will get it to the Cabin from there. NO the P in my name ant for Pappy. ;) ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 07:57:32 am »
Sounds good.  I'll have some stuff shipped for the effort.  I'm gonna talk to Eddie and see what he think would be cool for the experiment. 

P ain't for Pappy?!  What?!  I'd figure you grew up as M. Pappy Baggett...Ha!

Let me guess...Percival?  ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 09:28:20 am »
He does look like a Percival, doesn't he Steve.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Tower

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 08:32:54 am »
I'm still in.  I will gather some spalls & get them out
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »
I hate to say this, but unless something miraculous with the weather and work I'm not going to make it this year. I have an airboat job I've been trying to finish since Dec. 15 an with the El Nino weather and cold fronts every weekend I haven't been able to finish it. Now I have two more jobs due, also with the airboat.

I've been talking to Parnel and Bonepile about everything and I know Roger heat treats the same way I do. But I can still send some coral up with someone, treated or untreated or mail it . Sorry guys. This will be the first Classic I've missed since I started going.

Patb, you better reserve my camp spot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 07:35:09 pm »
Well dadgummit, Eddie! I'm sorry to hear that. Miracles still happen, so we'll wait and see.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 09:25:39 pm »
I hope so, Scott.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 06:04:15 am »
So have we got an alternant Plan ?? I know several that will be there early so shouldn't be a problem, we just need to know who will take care of it. :) Any more nappers coming in early that might know what they are doing ? 
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 09:22:26 am »
Wish I could say I could get there early to bring sand and help out.  I'm Thursday afternoon.
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2016, 09:28:53 am »
I'll guard it with my life, Eddie!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2016, 08:53:26 pm »
It's easy for most Texas Cherts and Florida coral. I'll send the coral by mail. Just dig a pit about a foot deep and maybe 36" around, depending on how much rock you have. Place the small spalls on the bottom and the larger ones on top of them and cover with play sand. They sell it at all of the big box stores. Cover it all about 2-3" thick and open the side of a 20# bag of charcoal length wise and soak it with starter fluid or Pappy's special fire starter he keeps under the cabinet in the shop. let it go till you can remove everything without burning your bare hands. Just make sure the sand is covered with hot charcoal. Ezee, Peeze, to borrow from Bonepile.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:48:04 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tower

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »
I know play sand transfers heat really well, but I've always used the dirt from the pit I've dug.  It's always worked great for me.  If play sand can't be found.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!