Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

Cancer
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:43 pm »
Talked to 2 friends of mine this week found out that one has cancer & my other friends wife has breast cancer they took her breast off last week.
Keep them in your prayers if you will.

Offline Adam

Re: Cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »
I sure will. That's tough news.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:34:53 am »
can do - cancer has touched a lot of folks I know.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:55:43 am »
In my prayers Rob
Cancer is a recent interest of mine.
I just recently under went colon surgery.
I was twenty years late for a colonoscopy.
I have always been blessed with good health
and thought I could do without the invasiveness
of the procedure. I am now a believer in it's merits.
I asked my doctor what might have caused my tumor.
He just looked puzzled. Since then I have tried to find
possible good info I can pass on to my children.
These letters seem the best I could find. It is simple
and neat as the letters vie for reasonable approaches
towards treatment, prevention and cause in pretty basic
 language. I hope you all can find out all you can about
this subject. Not just for yourself but for the children too.
Zuma

Table of Contents: 13 February 2015; 347 (6223) - Science

www.sciencemag.org › Home › Issue Archive › 2015 - Similarto Table of Contents: 13 February 2015; 347 (6223) - Science
Feb 13, 2015 ... 13 February 2015 vol 347, issue 6223, pages 689-800 ... Search theJournal. Search Issue Select Issue .... Science 13 February 2015: 727

If the link works scroll down to Letters
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 08:56:03 pm »
That sucks Robbie they are in my thoughts
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 02:52:43 am »
Re "what causes cancer"
If you think of the number of cells in a human and how many times they divide and get replaced as we grow it's a miracle that more of 'em don't go wrong.
The numbers are incomprehensible... most people have no idea how big even a million is.
Have a guess, just on gut instinct, how long is a million hours... Then work out the answer to see if you were near.
Anyhow my point is.
A better question is maybe how come our bodies generally manage to last as long as the do considering the vast complexity?
My Mum died a while back and we had an autopsy... turned out most her arteries were clogged up and it was probably her pacemaker that kept her going so long. I thought... "good for her she wore that old body out and got good value out of it!" I know that thought would have amused her.
My thoughts and wishes go out to all those suffering.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:24 am »
Sorry to hear that

Something I have known for many years, and was recently proven by research, is that we all live with cancer in us, it comes and goes.  Most people die with cancer in them but it's not what kills them, according to some doctors.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 01:22:55 pm »
Theres not many things I hate, but Cancer is one of them.
Best of luck to your friends Rob

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:11:37 pm »
My Dad is currently suffering from cancer. Started out as lung but has now spread to his liver and gall bladder. Hard to watch him wither  from the once strong farmer man that I knew as a child and young man. We will be lucky if he makes it thru Christmas. 😰

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 08:37:22 pm »
Steve,
Just knowing you and our knapping family amazes me.
The fact that Rob has had the strength to open his recent
difficult daily life to us is in a way God sent. I think conversation
like this will benefit us all.
Perhaps with tears in our eyes and deep pain within.
Those that have given us these strength are our ancestors.
God bless them.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »

If you want to see why there are so many cases of Cancer popping up now, read the book, Dr. Mary's Monkey.  It is a true story, where a rogue section of the CIA was trying to kill Castro, by infecting him with a mutated monkey virus.  The CIA  agent chosen to go to Cuba was ...... "Lee Harvey Oswald!"  Dr. Mary warned Dr. Saulk, about using the monkey virus, that he used to fight polio, and told him that the virus was not dead.  He went on anyway.  She told him, that in fifty years, you are going to see an explosion of Cancer, in people who took the polio vaccine.  I remember standing line for the march of dimes, and getting my polio vaccine, in elementary school.  It is a great book, a little slow at first, but as the people involved, begin to come together, it is hard to put down, and explains a lot gaps, in the Kennedy assassination, and also Bobby Kennedy's murder.  Also puts another light on Oswald.  The guy who wrote the book is the son of one of the research staff members, and he had sat on the lap of Dr. Mary, when he was a young kid, when she and his father got together, to talk about the research.   Good thoughts, and wishes for your Friends, and hoping they come through this terrible time, and get free of the Cancer.
                                    Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 10:27:23 pm »
Crap! Wayne, where do you find this info? Do they have Volunteer Fire Departments in Montana?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 07:15:05 am »
I'm with you wizardgoat,bad stuff, thought and prayers with the family's. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 08:39:44 am »
Prayers to you and your friends. Cancer is truly a killer. It does not discriminate. I lost my dad last November to pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed in July and by November he was gone. I will keep you and your friends in my prayers.
Northern Ute

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 11:32:15 pm »
Crap! Wayne, where do you find this info? Do they have Volunteer Fire Departments in Montana?

They sure do Eddie, but I had enough of brush fires, and all the other kinds also.  As for the info, go online, and look up Dr. Mary's Monkey, or go on ebay, and see if you can find the book.  It is all factual, and has back up material in it.  They were trying to kill Castro, by infecting him with the mutated monkey virus, to cause cancer, so he would die of a natural cause, and the U.S. could not be directly accused, or blamed for his death.  But as they say, even the best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry, and it did.   As for things going wrong, try to find the Streckler's or Stecklers, (can't remember which is correct,) memorandum, on AIDS. He is a Dr. who did a lot of studying on AIDS.    Seems the green monkey, was a ruse, to cover the World Health Organizations screw up.  They were in Africa trying to stop an outbreak of Small Pox.  They were making vaccines by the age old simple method of taking "Cow Pox" scabs, and pulverizing them, and adding sterilized water.  This was discovered WAAAY back when, somtime in early, or mid 1800's, because they noticed that farmers, with cows, seemed immune to Small Pox.  They discovered that the Milk cows, would sometimes, get cow pox, and the as the farmers milked the cows, they were exposed to the virus, and the human immune system would destroy it, but they had the residual dead virus, and that was enough to help the body, develop a defense to the similar Small Pox virus.  Well seems, the cows the WHO were using, would eventually make antibodies, and it would cure the cow pox, and ruin their production run.  So they got together, and found a way, to stop the cows, immune system from destroying the cow pox.  And it worked.  However, it worked too well.  Seems the new batches of vaccine, contained the same immune suppression, and hence those who got their Small Pox vaccine, now had "A.I.D.S"  They tried to say it came from the jungle to the cities, but all the evidence, and tracking of it, shows just the opposite!  It spread from the cities, to the jungle areas, and other population areas.
There were multinational work forces there at the time, and most were given the vaccinations.  So that is why, you see it in out breaks in other countries.  And the "W.H.O." is not about to own up to it!  A friend of mine, loaned me the VHS tape years ago, that they got from their Doctor.  Needless to say, it is not a popular topic among the AIDS research groups. 

Wayne
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:47:59 pm by stickbender »