Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 3448 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 02:45:33 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends here on pa! I hope you all give thanks in your own way! I will be spending mine with family and maybe if I'm lucky I can sneak out on my brother in laws place and stick a turkey. Here in Missouri turkeys are part of our archery tags.
Good luck and be safe to all the hunters! And everyone else, enjoy the time spent with family and friends! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

riverrat

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 07:04:22 am »
happy thanksgiving everyone. Tony

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 09:50:26 am »
Happy thanksgiving to all. I hope it's a gooder!!! Miss you guys on here. I need to get back on here more. Cheers! dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »
Here I am at work.  But don't feel to bad for me.  I started the first turkey in the smoker at 5:00 a.m.  While I am gone, someone will stop by my house and the second turkey goes in the oven at 12:00, the stuffing some time later. The ham was farmed out last night to yet another friend that will use her oven to do the green bean casserole, too.  Yet others have the relish trays, the rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed taters, and whatever else you may need. 

Around 4:00, I will lock up the store and head for home.  It's always a surprise to see who shows up thru the day.  Most years 15-20 people wander thru, get fed, and take home an extra plate or two.  I call it "Odds and Sods, Spares and Pairs" and it is a come one, come all sort of thing for those that have nowhere else to go.  Numbers were down last year, but we expect 20 people this year. 

It was a near run thing this year.  Unplanned expenses ate up the coffee can of loose change and spare dollars I use to buy the groceries for this shindig.  Luckily, some extra hours at work showed up to save the day. Not being terribly close with my family, this is my gift to me.  It's a completely selfish act because I like doing this. 

So, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Count your blessings, tell others how they make your life worth living, do your own loaves and fishes thing, and get on with the task of living. Thanks everyone here for yet another year as a primitive archer community.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:04 pm »
good on you, man. Thanks for giving!
I love it when a plan B comes together....