Author Topic: ugly little buck  (Read 3396 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: ugly little buck
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 06:20:23 am »
That is very cool josh. I hope one day to see a picture of you and me with a deer like that and an atlatl in our hands. Lol
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 04:49:43 pm »
Wonder what happened to his blood pressure when this ol' fart wandered into range and it became obvious this was THAT DEFINING MOMENT?

I really can't imagine it.  I can say if it were me in that scenario, I would've probably vapor locked before I hit full draw and fell out of the tree!   I had an old doe that was a multi-season adversary that would get me red lining when she got within 50 yds(long story).  A gnarly ol buck like this would likely be the end of me!  Josh

Vapor locked???  Is that like when you draw breath so hard you 'in-fart'?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 02:31:35 pm »
LOL!  That would probably be a possible reaction as well.  The vapor locked is a local euphemism for heart attack.  The back story is long but I'll give the condensed version.  In my 20's I was a volunteer fireman and first responder.  I was at a Christmas party wearing a t-shirt that had a slogan on the back that said "It's not nice to fib".   An old retired mechanic that was attending the party didn't get the play on words.  When he asked what the significance of lying was to the fire department shield on the front of my shirt, I explained that the "fib" was short for ventrical fibrillation.  The next question of course was what's that?  Now what I should have said is "heart attack".  But no, I gave a long winded explanation of how the heart goes into a sort of spasm that disrupts blood flow through the body and brain.  He intently listened to my lengthy and detailed explanation and then said, "So fibbing is basically like a vapor locked fuel system.  Sounds like a heart attack."   Well it stuck.  So now, in my area some 20 yrs later folks still refer to a heart attack as vapor locking.  Sometimes I forget that my local colloquialisms are not universal.  My apologies for that.  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »
Can't say as I would prefer one vapor lock over the other.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.