Author Topic: Really? Some Peoples kids  (Read 2074 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Really? Some Peoples kids
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:39:41 am »
This just makes my blood boil.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37140380&nid=148
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: Really? Some Peoples kids
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:28:40 am »
I gotta ask, if there was ppl that watched this happen, then why dose neither of those bulls have the guts out of them. Every one that watched this happen let them rot? That's wrong in so many ways. It's bad enough as a hunter to have shot one and have it end up getting away, makes me sick. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:23 pm »
Utah has some strange laws regarding poached animals. they are understaffed, that I am aware of. I had a friend report a smaller buck that had been shot and left, he wanted the antlers. He didn't hear back from DWR for over 2 months. Trophy animals always end up in the possession of DWR.

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »
Why shoot an animal and leave it to rot, that puzzles me, they didn't even take the antlers, why?
People that kill something and leave it to rot pisses me off more than killing something illegally. If you kill something, you make sure you make every effort to use its body to the fullest, you owe it to the animal. Very disturbing that we have people that do this kind of thing. It brings shame to the entire hunting community, what a disappointment.
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 04:47:54 am »
Sadly, it's a strange scary World We live in today. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 10:05:15 am »
They also had 3 shot on a ranch and drug through the fence. By my count, there have been 5 trophy bulls, a cow, and 3 trophy bucks poached and left this year.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 10:59:52 am »
my brother in law is DWR down in Southern Utah.  He works some of the best hunting areas in the west.  He has countless stories of rich folk coming up from Vegas or LA and being led by unethical guides to poach animals all the time.  Of course, there are plenty of locals who think that is okay too.  I don't care much for trophy hunting of any kind.  I think it is the wrong reason to hunt and it is part of the instant gratification cult that has ruined so much of our culture. Hunting is great, but do it with respect. My two cents.

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:11 am »
my brother in law is DWR down in Southern Utah.  He works some of the best hunting areas in the west.  He has countless stories of rich folk coming up from Vegas or LA and being led by unethical guides to poach animals all the time.  Of course, there are plenty of locals who think that is okay too.  I don't care much for trophy hunting of any kind.  I think it is the wrong reason to hunt and it is part of the instant gratification cult that has ruined so much of our culture. Hunting is great, but do it with respect. My two cents.

Jeff, you hit the nail on the head.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »
Amen Jeff!

I don't trophy hunt. Now I've killed some really nice bucks and if I'm hunting and a group of deer walk out and a big boy is with them then he is the one that I will try and take. But I would be happy with anything because I'm after the meet. And the sinew of course!  :laugh:
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 01:20:48 pm »
Show me a primitive archer,who is a trophy hunter and ill show you a trophy hunter who just packs a primitive bow.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 01:49:20 am »
Amen Jeff!

I don't trophy hunt. Now I've killed some really nice bucks and if I'm hunting and a group of deer walk out and a big boy is with them then he is the one that I will try and take. But I would be happy with anything because I'm after the meet. And the sinew of course!  :laugh:
Patrick

That is exactly what I would do.