Author Topic: Burned  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Burned
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 09:14:29 am »
I used to hunt a management area that bordered private land. One year I kept seeing a guy slip across the line onto the management area and hunt it illegally when the gun season was open on private land but not on the management area, which was bow hunting only.

He never noticed me up a tree in camo bow hunting and he always sat at the base of the same tree when he slipped across the line to gun hunt. I made it a ritual to water his sitting spot every time I got down after dark to leave, he always left before I did. He never got the message and kept sitting in the same spot.

I finally got fed up with his trespassing and shouted at him " you are across the line and hunting illegally" at which point he left and didn't return.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 08:32:18 am »
JW I used to hunt out there in the black hills of SD. If you want a recommendation for an area to look at shoot me a PM. It's been almost a decade since I lived there, but according to my buddy the area I'm talking about remains unchanged. To this day it was the greatest deer hunting I've ever experienced.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:24 pm »
JW I used to hunt out there in the black hills of SD. If you want a recommendation for an area to look at shoot me a PM. It's been almost a decade since I lived there, but according to my buddy the area I'm talking about remains unchanged. To this day it was the greatest deer hunting I've ever experienced.

THAT is P. A. spirit at it's very best, right there.  Folks, I am humbled and honored.

DK, thank you for pitching in with the others helping me turn my negativity around. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.