Author Topic: Osage Pipe(Made Last Spring)  (Read 918 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Osage Pipe(Made Last Spring)
« on: October 17, 2015, 12:40:26 am »
Here is a pipe I made last spring. It was designed to be a quick smoke between my different locations on campus and since the walk is 20 minutes long I figured I'd make a pipe that lasts 15 minutes. So far it has performed well, although there is a leak when I draw air so I don't really know what I am going to do about that but the pipe can still draw well enough to be worth smoking in the first place. There is sinew wrapped around the osage stem part that connects into the plastic stem because i shaped it too close to the hole going into the bowl and also it cracked when I put the stem in. I have found this pipe particularly enjoyable on my outdoor trips that our college requires us to go on.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Osage Pipe(Made Last Spring)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:25:04 am »
Nice pipe...and how appropriate to have a sinew wrap on it.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:38:21 pm »
Sucking a little air with the smoke always worked for me ;) ;)

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:59:43 am »
Thank you Pat for kind words. There seems to be a tendency to put holes in the wrong places on my pipes, which i have managed to plug up, but it is not the kind of thing that cannot be fixed, In this case throwing some sinew on was just the right remedy, or at least the closest to tip top functioning order. ::)

DC, indeed i agree, I can get quite a plume of smoke out of this little sucker anyway, but it's definitely more than functional for my purposes.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)