Author Topic: Happy Hallogivingmas  (Read 2854 times)

Offline oldhippy

Happy Hallogivingmas
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:42:46 pm »
   It's been awhile since I have been to Wally World but I had to go there today. Went in the entrance where they sell the plants and stepped into the store and was greeted with all of the Christmas decorations. Every year it seems to come earlier and earlier, so I decided to proclaim a new holiday, Hallowgivingmas. What do you guys think, should we just make a celebration that lasts a couple of weeks?
   Honestly I think that this is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Why can't they wait until at least November to start all of this bull $#;T? It just pisses me off highly and I am wondering if I'm the only one.   Hippy 
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Happy Hallogivingmas
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:48:53 pm »
Where is your holiday spirit, Steve? Think of how much more money the merchants can make so they can buy their kids new shoes and an apple for Christmas.  ::)
 It is ridiculous but I guess we just have to deal with it or stay out of wally world.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline oldhippy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:10 pm »
   Hey Pat I say we cook up a turkey, dress it in a costume and stuff it with presents and party for a couple of weeks.  Steve
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:04 pm »
It does seem like the stores go from summer to Christmas.  Lowes replaced the BBQ grill display with Christmas trees this week.  By the time Christmas gets here I'm burnt out on it.  This year I might get the Festivus pole out of storage and start practicing for the feats of strength  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 10:51:30 pm »
When I have to go to that cesspool, sinkhole of China I blow through the Nursery section like you Steve, pretending I'm in the Woods. The Christmas stuff here was up in September.

The wife thinks along the lines of PumTurHam Day. It covers till January.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
If you guys are ever around lower Michigan, and have a good love for hating early Christmasness, find a quiant little town called Fankenmuth, and visit Bronners, the Christmas wonderland. It's open year round!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 11:00:06 pm »
Yea, yea, or you can go to Christmas, Fl.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 11:01:11 pm »
There is a city in Indiana called Santa Claus.  Its all about Christmas all year. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

JacksonCash

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »
Yea, yea, or you can go to Christmas, Fl.

We've got one of them in upper MI. There's also Paradise up there. Down in the lower peninsula, we just have Hell. And Detroit. The two are seperate!

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 01:38:48 am »
I hate it. I hate walmart. I hate holidays. I hate how kids worship Satan Claus in school but not Jesus.  I hate how people give thanks one day on every thing they have and whats important in life, then 5 hoirs later stampeed stores and trample people to death just to get a toy dogy that literally takes a crap. I hate how Santa Claus isnt a religion but Jesus is. I hate commercialization of religious holidays. I hate holidays that used to be religious.  I hate easter, and egg laying rabbits ( seriously why doesn't anyone think about that one for a second ) Halloween is about the most honest holiday there is anymore, and its ridiculous.  I can buy my kid more candy if I spend hlthe money on candy instead of costume and decorations that if he went all around to say trick or treat. And whay if someone says trick as an answer to that often muttered phrase? What is the child to do? He gave an option, trick, or treat..... do I as rje candypasser outter have a choice or is it all rhetoric.   

People are messed up in the head very badly and Scrooge had it right. Ba humbug.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 07:30:31 am »
So,,,  I guess you don't like the Holidays, Sleek?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline JEB

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:27 am »
Drove thru Christmas Mountain, Wisconsin two days ago on the way home from the Mayo clinic.

Went to Hobby Lobby a month ago and their Christmas stuff was on sale already.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 08:07:51 am »
I love Christmas and Easter for my own reasons and don't let the world drag me down with garbage piled up in their stores and store fronts. All the same, I hear what your saying hippy. I know what it means to me and I hold to it. Sleek is kinda' on the right path as far as the human destruction of some holidays important to some of us, but I don't hate those holidays as a result of greedy human intervention. I celebrate them the same way I have since day 1, and the way I was taught by generations of family members.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 08:55:24 am »
Tell us how you really feel, Sleek! >:D ;D

How ya doin', OldHippy?  I just do my best not to pay attention.  I gotta admit though, I do start thinking about gifts and shopping this time of year so that I can enjoy the time around the holiday without having to deal with stores and people.
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 09:18:29 am »
Pearlie, you have the right idea. The holidays are what's inside you, not what others think it should be.
 I love the holidays because they bring families and friends together. How we perceive them is how they turn out, not how everyone else thinks they should be. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC