Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 5365 times)

Offline edgemaster

Re: Cancer
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 11:11:45 am »
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully I don't get mouth cancer from chewing tobacco.

Offline bow101

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 04:03:32 pm »
I know its sad news.
You can live with Cancer for many years without it getting the better of you, medical technology is progressing so fast these days.  5 years for me.. :)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:33 am »
My Dad passed over today.
. My Dad was a farmer most of his life. We grew up farming, his example to me is what made me what I am. I learned the mechanical skills that I have from him. Helping as a boy to fix the well pump,weld a broken disc harrow, rewire the fans in the chicken house, knew how to drive a tractor by the time I was 8 or 9 and a farm truck not much later than that. Taught us to work hard, hard work never killed no one, and to realize the value of a nickel. Many of my memories are of working side by side with pulling on the same wrench.  Music and laughter were important to him. A Nissly gathering was not a gathering if we were not laughing, pulling pranks, just needling each other and having a great time. There was a lot of tears today but much laughter also. We grew up listening to such great music made by the likes of the Louvin brothers, Statler brothers, Emmy Lou Harris, Ricki Scaggs and many, many others. That music and the appreciation of a fine harmony made indelible marks on us kids. We four kids spent several hours this evening picking music for the memorial service, singing a few bars of each and remembering his love for great music. He taught us to hunt and fish and to love the mountains and streams. I will miss Him greatly. Go rest high on that mountain, you work here on earth is done.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:57:04 am by caveman2533 »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:51 am »
Sorry to hear that caveman, been there and it is tough. :( Sounds like a good man and great dad. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:04 am »
Sounds to me he was a fine Dad and I man I'd have like to have met. He passed on plenty, remember him well as you pass it on again.
Lost both my parents over the last 13 months so I feel your loss.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 02:20:01 pm »
Sorry for your loss caveman. My prayers are with you and yours. My dad is all we have left between us. And his time with us is always cherished.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 08:56:04 pm »
Sorry to hear that brother you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »

Sorry for your loss.  He sounds like my Dad.  He was very self proficient, and adaptable, and loved jokes, and hunting and fishing.  My Brother, got his gift for fixing things, he has passed also.  Both my parents are gone now.  I wish you peace, and comfort in this time, of your loss.

Wayne

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:28 pm »
sorry to hear your loss caveman , sounds like he was a great father and man.my prayer are with you and family.
john 3:16

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:31 pm »
Only have two siblings left out of five, my youngest brother and my next youngest after two sisters, who hasn't spoke to me in 10 years.. Well the youngest(48) just called me this afternoon to tell me he has Intestinal cancer with know hope for a cure. Hard to talk to him, he was really drinking hard and very bitter. I tried to do what a Big Brother should but was really hard to lend encouragement and  hope when he was like that. I'll give him a few days and see if we can really discuss what the future holds.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »
Steve a few good memories.
I hope you don't mind.
No names but the spirit of your dad is here.
God Bless
Don
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.