Author Topic: Wanted: Mentor, Teacher or Class  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Smokeydog

Wanted: Mentor, Teacher or Class
« on: October 02, 2015, 02:50:21 pm »
Hi All,

I'm new to wood bows, but man am I smitten! I've only built one and that was out of a floor tillered hickory blank and darn if it doesn't shoot an arrow pretty good in my untutored opinion. Any I would really like to continue on this path in a real concrete way so I'm looking for a teacher or class in my area. I live about 40 miles east of the Sacramento, CA area. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Steve

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Wanted: Mentor, Teacher or Class
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 04:35:15 pm »
Don't know where the bow makers in California are located but have noticed a bunch of them hang out over at Paleo Planet, they have their own get-togethers  like Mojam as well.

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:17:13 pm »
I'm a couple hours away up in red bluff but if you are ever coming this way let me know😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 10:53:51 am »
I'm a couple hours away up in red bluff but if you are ever coming this way let me know😉

Id make that drive north if i was you ;) it def would be worth your time and gas....books and internet are nice and  helpful,but they dont even compare to having someone who knows what there doing in person to help ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:17:59 am »
Hey Chris, you're talking about bubby, right? I'm just saying.   >:D   ;)
 I agree with Blackhawk(Chris). Hands on with someone that knows is your best teaching aid.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Weylin

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 05:22:36 am »

Id make that drive north if i was you ;) it def would be worth your time and gas....books and internet are nice and  helpful,but they dont even compare to having someone who knows what there doing in person to help ;)

I agree.