Author Topic: 43" of Nitro  (Read 8463 times)

blackhawk

43" of Nitro
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:42:51 pm »
I finished this lil osage selfbow up at the end of august,and have been enjoying plinking arrows with it. Its already taken a 3 day backpacking tour a few weeks ago down in the magical Monongahela National Forest. The first series of pics are from my lil trip,and the others are from today here in my backyard. Ive been setting it outside in the sun everyday giving it its patina. You can already see a pretty big difference as its darkened down nicely.

43" bow...60@22"

wheres waldo?

there it is

some crappy full draw shots..sorry..the arrow has a mark at 22"

n my face says it all...lmao  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I have some more pics,but it took me an honest 2 and a half hours in front of my computer to get this far(computer/internet issues)...oh well..pics don't do this lil cute brute anyways  8)

Offline bowandarrow473

Re: 43" of Nitro
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:44:38 pm »
Beautiful little shortie!
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:47:25 pm »
Wow man that's a sweet little bow!
That kind of weight is tough at short draws, your face says it all!
I bet she's a fun one

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:16 pm »
Looks like a lot of fun, Chris.  I really like the nock.
1’—>1’

Offline PatM

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:06:04 pm »
Nice. Looks like Marc's little Elm Flight bow shrunken down. I wonder how it would do on the salt flats. Steve may chime in.

riverrat

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:19 pm »
love it! beautiful pony bow. honestly tillered a little much to center. but sweet none the less. awesome bow! Tony

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »
  Pat, I was thinking the same thing, I may be shying away from bows with too much reflex and going to bows like this one next year. Seems like they give cleaner flight with those light low spined arrows. I bet it would do very well.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 10:23:42 pm »
That's a tough looking little bow.  The skins look great on it.  I like the last full draw picture.  Looks like a "bout to poop my pants" face  ;D

Riverrat, check out the unbraced profile.  There is a decent amount of deflex coming from the grip.  I think the tiller looks great on it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JonW

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 10:27:25 pm »
Now that's a killer little bow Chris.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 10:29:33 pm »
Damn Chris that thing is sweet.  Looks like it packs a wallop.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 10:31:47 pm »
Sweet looking Ambush Bow bud...would be a nice one for ground hunting deer or spring turkey!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

riverrat

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 10:34:27 pm »
Riverrat, check out the unbraced profile.  There is a decent amount of deflex coming from the grip.  I think the tiller looks great on it. ya know i was just paying attention to the draw pics. your right.Tony

Offline autologus

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 10:35:40 pm »
Very nice bow, but you will have to drop the weight some before you send it my way, it's much too heavy for me.  >:D  Its a looker and very powerful to boot.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline DavidV

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 10:37:24 pm »
What's the width on it? I have some short osage I don't know what to do with...

Sure is a cool little bow
Springfield, MO

blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 10:54:56 pm »
Thanks guys  :D

Goat..it is tough,but ive been shooting broadheads pretty good at 15 yards and under with it..n yeah its fun to play with ...thanks

Clint i put that full draw pic in there for that very reason knowing someone was gonna make the "your about to crap your self" comment..lol  :laugh:

Hey Lee...long time no see...and yeah...thats exactly  what this lil bow is for..close encounters ground hunting  8)

Sorry grady...i like it right where its at...the higher weight makes up for the lack of a power stroke..BUT......ya know a lil tougher to shoot maybe

David its 1 7/8" wide at its widest,and i beleive 1 1/4" wide at handle...thanks

I knew yins flight guys wood like this....steve ive been having lots of similar thoughts