Author Topic: Looking for cold weather youth hunting clothes  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
Looking for cold weather youth hunting clothes
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »
I am looking for some cold weather hunting clothes for my son.  In particular he needs some bibs and parka.  He is 5 feet tall and weighs around 75 pounds.  I am sure someone has a kid that has outgrown their hunting clothes. 

I have several items to offer in trade such as feathers (goose and turkey), dry staves of various white woods (no Osage grows in Minnesota) and raw dogwood and willow shafting.  Also if there is something in particular you are looking for, let me know.  I may have it or be able to get it.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Looking for cold weather youth hunting clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »
I will look at my local goodwill. There was a nice heavy weight camo jacket there two days ago. It was probably only a few bucks to. I'll buy it for you if it's still there. I almost just bought it when I saw it just for this instance :embarassed:
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Swampman

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:50:30 pm »
Dvshunter, that is very nice of you.  I didn't put the size of coat my son wears in the previous post.  He wears a large in youth sizes or 12/14.  He could wear a little bigger but probably not smaller.  If you are able to get that jacket, let me know what you need.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 08:39:14 pm »
Sorry to say but the jacket was gone when I went by today.  Sorry to get your hopes up but I'll remember to just buy the stuff next time. I go to goodwill stores often and find wool for about five bucks or less for sweaters. I will keep you in mind.

Having said that, I did find an old wool shirt size 15 1/2 that might fit him but it is so itchy that my kids won't wear it.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Swampman

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 10:02:31 pm »
Thanks for trying DVS.  I go to goodwill and other thrift stores often too.  A couple years ago I got a wool red plaid coat in brand new condition for $20.  It is the warmest coat I have ever had and to buy it new would be over $200 for sure.  I almost felt guilty.  I think I will pass on the shirt as he already has one he won't wear.  Thanks.